Optics Planet Black Friday Sale

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
Thanks for this, but just a word to all OP shoppers that the code may not work just because you spend $250.

I was on their site earlier today and tried to use the "GET12" code to save 12% on the mags I wanted, but the site says their price was too low and coupons are not valid. Btw, their price was good, but not the lowest I could find.

Eddie

WKR

WKR
Optics planet is notorious for claiming they have something in stock when they dont and very very long lead and ship times

Clarktar

WKR
6-24 seems a bit much for a backpack rifle and is SFP. The 3-18x44 is FFP.
For a scope that you are likely using at extended ranges 500+ yards and plan on dialing I don't see the need for FFP.

Lightweight rifles with scopes that I plan to use the reticle for hold overs then FFP is a priority.

Different strokes for different folks.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Agreed completely Clarktar.

At the posted specs, the 6x24 is half an ounce heavier so essentially no difference. And like you, if I’m dialing at high power, I definitely want SFP.

Grillnugz

FNG
FFP essentially means the reticle is calibrated and will measure accurately regardless of the optical zoom. SFP scopes with hold over markings need to be calibrated or verified, often times these markings are not aligned with maximum magnification and require witness marks for the proper set point. For me FFP is the better choice for western hunting, if your tree stand hunting it doesn’t matter.

The tenmile 3-18x44 is a pretty novel scope: 24oz, ffp, and great durability as seen in Form’s field eval. IMO it’s closest competitor by weight is March at 2-3x the cost.