Optics Planet customer service / order backup

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I’ve ordered a few things from optics planet before, but recently placed an order thru them for some scope rings, 300 prc dies and 1 box of 212 eldx bullets. Luckily at the time I didn’t realize they “had” the bullets, so I placed the order for the scope rings separately, and 10 minutes later placed the order for the die set and the bullets. This was over 2 weeks ago. I got the rings a week later.

Yesterday I’m wondering where my die set and bullets are. I go back thru my email and see that the “in stock” bullets are not in stock, and estimated shit date is middle of September.

I called, and they disabled there phone system. Everything is done over emails right now.

I emailed, asking if they can ship my die set separate so I can actually use the gun for the next month instead of waiting on the bullets that are holding up the die set. I got a canned response that says they are backed up and will answer my email in approx. one week.

Pretty frustrating. Maybe this is the new norm now and I’m just now encountering the COVID issues first hand. Anyone else having problems with optics planet? Maybe they just bit off more than they could chew with the ammo launch.

Do a search......... you’ll quickly realize this is the norm for Optics Planet. They don’t have anything in stock, their customer service is about as bad as you can get and I am convinced many of the things they sell (scopes particularly) are used/refurbished but listed as NIB. I will not ever buy anything from them again and would never recommend for anyone else to do so either.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Yep I had bad problems with them with my last order. I won't order from them again. here is the other thread.

Tbone58

Lil-Rokslider
Well this is good to know. I’ve ordered stuff from them before and didn’t have a problem. But I did try to order something back in May. I waited a week looked at when it would show up and it said 4-8 weeks. It would have been nice to get a email saying anything but I just canceled it

OP
Salmon River Solutions

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Saying they have something in stock when you place the order and then it not being in stock is absolute BS.

I always try to be as transparent as I can with customers. When I dont have something in stock, I say I don’t have it. And I usually don’t let them pay for an order if I don’t have it in stock. I just keep a running list of who wants what for backorders.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Saying they have something in stock when you place the order and then it not being in stock is absolute BS.

I always try to be as transparent as I can with customers. When I dont have something in stock, I say I don’t have it. And I usually don’t let them pay for an order if I don’t have it in stock. I just keep a running list of who wants what for backorders.

Yep its a pretty crappy practice that is becoming all too common. Vote with your $ and cancel the order.

MtnMuley

WKR
Had $160 in OP bucks to use. Ordered a Vortex Red Dot sight for a .22 pistol because that's all that came to mind with a day to decide.......supposed to ship in Oct. I ordered it in March.🤨

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Years ago, I spent a lot of money with them. The past 10 months or so I went through exactly what you are multiple times. I no longer will use them. And as much as EVERYONE is blaming covid-it’s not.

jhim

FNG
Optics Planet has been doing crap like this for a long time, I'm sure they're happy to have an excuse to turn off their phones.

gearguywb

WKR
There have been numerous reports, particularly lately, of far less than acceptable customer service from them. Buyer beware.

They sent me a gas block that was missing all the set screws and roll pin because the packaging was terrible. No response so far. Giving them one week and then the Credit card company is getting involved.

Carpenterant

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve ordered several things from op with no problems, but, nothing in the last year. If it makes you feel better I’m going through something similar with cameraland ny and they have great reviews. I think there’s manufacturing shortages right now and vendors are having trouble getting stuff.

jb1842

FNG
Finally got a new AR buffer shipped yesterday. I ordered it in June. I also think I was doubled charged, so I have an email into paypal right now to check it. No excuse to list an item as in stock, then tell you weeks later when you inquire about the order, they tell you it was on backorder.

BBob

WKR
Optics Planet has sucked for for the same reasons for a really really long time so none of this is anything new. The founder & CEO of OP created the umbrella Ecentria Group so beware that they have their fingers in other companies too: https://ecentria.com/our-brands/

I have read enough about them that I will never order from them no matter how good their prices are. There are plenty of very good businesses out there. Midway, Natchez, Cameraland NY, and Whittaker rarely disappoint.

Mosby

WKR
The last time I ordered from them, I never received the order. It was on back order for months and they cancelled the order without notifying me.