Optics Planet Refund/Returns?

Has anyone returned anything recently to Optics Planet? I sent something back almost a month ago and have not heard any updates. Just curious if anyone is in the same boat as me. And if you did return something recently how long did it take?

TN2shot07

WKR
Did you happen to keep the tracking? Normally if you can prove it was delivered back they’ll issue the refund then if you can talk to somebody. I haven’t returned anything to them in the last couple months but they are probably also dealing with a lack of workers and crappy shipping.

fmyth

WKR
Yes, took me a couple months to receive a refund. Won't be being anything from them again.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
They are on my DO NOT BUY list permanently. For numerous reasons. I suggest keep calling and emailing until they resolve it.

OP
mattferg84
Wow a few months!? I did keep the tracking. I need to dig it back up but it was somewhere around 1/6 when it was delivered to them.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Wow a few months!? I did keep the tracking. I need to dig it back up but it was somewhere around 1/6 when it was delivered to them.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Your going to have to hassle the shit out of them to get your money back.
Wont ever buy from them again either.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Optics planet is terrible. I’ve only ordered from them once but I waited a very long time to receive the thing I ordered and they sent me the wrong one. It was difficult to get a return from them.

I always try to steer people away from that business.

bachunt

FNG
took me over a month to get a refund on a product they hadn't even shipped to me yet. Got marked as ship twice, they have no idea what's going on over there. Worst case you can dispute with your credit card company but if you threaten that they should give you your money back

Suga

FNG
I had a rough time with them as well. I did order a mount for a red dot based on their recommendation. When it didn’t work at all - they wouldn’t take it back and wanted to argue with me that it would. So, I ate the cost. Pretty hard to do business with that type of establishment

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ceejay

Lil-Rokslider
I had a bad experience with a return/refund from them years ago as well and haven't gone back since.

TDawg

FNG
I wish I would have read this post before ordering some bullets for reloading. Their site said "in stock", so I ordered 500. After wading through their checkout process, I received the confirmation email that said my order was estimated to be delivered 3-5 months! Are you F'n kidding me?!

Now getting ready to cancel the order, but it sounds like thats a hassel as well.

Lesson learned. Never again.

ChrisAU

WKR
I recently placed an order that was in stock, just a Leupold Throw Lever and a hat. After two weeks of it not shipping, I requested cancellation on Optics Planet and placed the same order with Midway. I got my Midway order 2 days later. A week later, Optics Planet shipped my order anyway. It came in today. Wrong hat was sent. RMA process started, and chat lady swears they won’t charge me for the shipping label. I just hope to have my original order price minus the shipping charges I’m sure they’ll gig me for by the end of the year.

TDawg

FNG
I just canceled my order and took a screen shot of every step. I did receive immediate cancellation notice via email. Hopefully they don't try to make an issue of it. If they do, I'm ready to fight.

Why would they list something as "in stock" and the pull the rug out from underneath you with a 3-5 month wait for delivery?!

Sad thing is, that was the only place I found these particular bullets. I guess I'll keep searching or change bullets.