Optics rental experience?

rcb2000

WKR
Has anyone here had good luck with optics rentals?
I really don't have much use for a spotter or 15's out here in Virginia, but am aware how critical it can be on a Western hunt.
Figured I'd rather spend 150 or so to have some Swaro 15's for a week or so, then spend $500 for some lower end optics I won't use for the rest of the year.
Thanks Roksliders!

tdhanses

WKR
Has anyone here had good luck with optics rentals?
I really don't have much use for a spotter or 15's out here in Virginia, but am aware how critical it can be on a Western hunt.
Figured I'd rather spend 150 or so to have some Swaro 15's for a week or so, then spend $500 for some lower end optics I won't use for the rest of the year.
Thanks Roksliders!

If you shoot at a range 15’s are nice to have for that.

Neither are needed for a “western” hunt, just put your regular binos on a tripod.

OP
rcb2000

rcb2000

WKR
If you shoot at a range 15’s are nice to have for that.

Neither are needed for a “western” hunt, just put your regular binos on a tripod.
Thanks for the reply.
I have some Vortex Diamondback 10x42’s (at the time that was as much as I’ve ever spent on binoculars) which really is all I need out here, they usually never make it to the tree stand even.
I do also have a tripod, which again, rarely gets any use.
I think the main reason I’d want to rent some high-end optics, would be to enjoy my week in the mountains even more, as it seems I’d be spending most of my time glassing.
Thanks again

Forest

WKR
I think you have a good mindset about it. See how much you like them and if you could utilize them enough to later buy them. And if not all you're out is a rental fee.
From my experience the downside of renting/using good optics is that your old stuff will seem inferior and will then have to start saving $$ ha

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk

Dromsky

Lil-Rokslider
I rented a Swaro spotter from them for a trip a few years back. They were very easy to deal with and the equipment was perfect. I would recommend their service if you are looking to rent.

Usi05

WKR
I was curious about this as well since I didnt want to drop on a spotter for first western hunt .
Very helpful!

Copen1822

Lil-Rokslider
I've rented from optics4rent.com twice and it was great both times. Seems like a great company!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Seamless. Get 15 binos. Spotters are less user friendly day in day out.

Do, rent a tripod. It is one of the greatest things when you're out west. You find some critters 600-1,000 yards away wtih 15's and you can lock the tripod on them. Secondarily, it helps a ton just scanning around, you see something, the tripod is smooth, and you can really hold still to look. Trust me.

blackdog

Lil-Rokslider
Another positive vote for optics4rent. It's been a few years since I rented a Swaro spotter from them but the equipment was great and they were very easy to deal with.