Optics warranties....they vary

Cat99899

FNG
Warranties didn't matter to me until this year when I bent my Vortex windage turret so badly I could no longer turn it. Their no questions asked warranty saved me a new optic even though I'm the optic's second owner (at least) and bought it without original paperwork / box. It's definitely on my mind now when shopping for new optics.

For Zeiss: I sent back my conquests for eyecups and lens scratches and a cleaning. Eyecups and cleaning were no problem but they would not do the lens scratches.

For Leica: sending in my duovids for focusing issues. Emailed them last night so we’ll see how it goes and hopefully they can fit it before deer season.

For Zeiss: I sent back my conquests for eyecups and lens scratches and a cleaning. Eyecups and cleaning were no problem but they would not do the lens scratches.

For Leica: sending in my duovids for focusing issues. Emailed them last night so we’ll see how it goes and hopefully they can fit it before deer season.

Well that shoots zeiss in the foot for me was actually gonna call today and buy a set of demos

Well that shoots zeiss in the foot for me was actually gonna call today and buy a set of demos

Yeah if you look closely on the warranty it doesn’t cover cosmetic stuff. Hard to say if the other companies would have done something differently.

Yeah if you look closely on the warranty it doesn’t cover cosmetic stuff. Hard to say if the other companies would have done something differently.

What Leica do you have I know nothing about them but I guess I'm now between Leica swaro and stupid vortex razors. I know everyone loves them But what I've read and looked through viper scope wise I have not been impressed

What Leica do you have I know nothing about them but I guess I'm now between Leica swaro and stupid vortex razors. I know everyone loves them But what I've read and looked through viper scope wise I have not been impressed

I looked through my buddies 12x50 razors and they were decent. Similar to my conquests but the Zeiss definitely has the edge to my eye. He preferred the razors to my Zeiss. I would look closely at maven as well for the value. I’ve been very impressed with their glass and supposedly their warranty is great too.

Already got an email back from Leica with instructions for sending them in. Pretty quick, gonna suck shipping 2000 of glass tho 😪

I looked through my buddies 12x50 razors and they were decent. Similar to my conquests but the Zeiss definitely has the edge to my eye. He preferred the razors to my Zeiss. I would look closely at maven as well for the value. I’ve been very impressed with their glass and supposedly their warranty is great too.

I'm online looking at maven now. I'm assuming the b2 is what I'd want

WRO

WKR
My experience with swarovski warranty pissed me off enough that the only other swarovski product I bought was the 15x56 because they had the market cornered. I just about forgot about that scope before it came home.

What happened?

Cat99899

FNG
The problem with the Vortex Warranty is you will end up using it. I don't care how good a warranty is, if it's breaks or fails on a hunt then I'm done with it. Plus the glass isn't on par with the top end glass.

I have one optic I would consider top tier (Kahles 1-6), the rest of my rifles are mounted with Leupolds and the one Vortex. To your point, the one optic that has needed warranty work has been the Vortex, but on the flip side I use my Vortex and Leupolds far more than I do the Kahles. I think the hit to the Vortex would have damaged any of my optics, but I could be wrong. All I know is the warranty process was incredibly simple. :)

The problem with the Vortex Warranty is you will end up using it. I don't care how good a warranty is, if it's breaks or fails on a hunt then I'm done with it. Plus the glass isn't on par with the top end glass.

Exactly I've read about far more warranty work done to vortex than absolutely anything 20-1

ChrisAU

WKR
I would never trust a $100-$200 scope for mountain hunting, and I'd bet most who are serious enough about hunting to spend time on forums like this wouldn't either. However, I'd bet that the bulk of Vortex sales are those cheap scopes. I bet they sell them in droves at Academy and DSG etc. The cool thing about Vortex is they will fix those just as quickly and with a smile as they will the very rare time that they get a Razor back with a fault. I'd bet the Viper PST Gen II's also have a low return rate. You can look at AAOptics.com, they have the contract for 100% of Vortex Refurbs. I believe he has said hes never seen an AMG and only 1 or 2 Razors, and I just looked and there are currently no Viper PST Gen II's on there.

Yes but the poor fella above whose Zeiss lenses are scratched he's SOL. Had they been Vortex he'd be rockin' brand new lenses or maybe even brand new binos.

Something to be said about a no questions asked warranty.

Yeah. Has me wondering if the slightly better glass is worth it in the end.

I would never trust a $100-$200 scope for mountain hunting, and I'd bet most who are serious enough about hunting to spend time on forums like this wouldn't either. However, I'd bet that the bulk of Vortex sales are those cheap scopes. I bet they sell them in droves at Academy and DSG etc. The cool thing about Vortex is they will fix those just as quickly and with a smile as they will the very rare time that they get a Razor back with a fault. I'd bet the Viper PST Gen II's also have a low return rate. You can look at AAOptics.com, they have the contract for 100% of Vortex Refurbs. I believe he has said hes never seen an AMG and only 1 or 2 Razors, and I just looked and there are currently no Viper PST Gen II's on there.

My diamondback 3-9x40 has been awesome he last few years and taken plenty of animals and abuse. I think the more mechanical parts (turrets, side focus, etc) the more likely you’re gonna need that warranty..

WRO

WKR
Yes but the poor fella above whose Zeiss lenses are scratched he's SOL. Had they been Vortex he'd be rockin' brand new lenses or maybe even brand new binos.

Something to be said about a no questions asked warranty.

Zeiss would still take care of him as well.

Main thing you can say is your paying a lot for warranty compared to the quality.

Zeiss would still take care of him as well.

Main thing you can say is your paying a lot for warranty compared to the quality.

Unfortunately they did not. I even offered to pay to have it done and they basically said it wasn’t an option for the conquests. Which makes no sense to me but whatever, I sold them and went a different direction.