Optimus krux lite stove

Anyone have experience with this stove? I will mainly be using the stove for backpack archery hunts in Montana so usually no super cold temps. If you have owned or used this stove and have any input, let me know.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I used one for a number of years. Works pretty much like all the other canisters stoves I've used. Has a little wider burner head, which is nice if you actually want to cook vs. something like the Pocket Rocket. Otherwise... there isn't a whole lot of practical difference between any of them, and I've used a few now. The Krux is perfectly fine little stove.

OP
nickstevens2588
Thanks for the input guys. It seems to work well. I've only done one test boil but as a first impression it seems like a great little stove for my intended uses. I did not get the pot set from optimus yet with the "heat saving bottom" and was also wondering if theres much difference between their pot and a standard titanium pot in terms of boiling time?

I've used one for several years. It's a solid unit and still works great, but it's slow. The Pocket Rocket boils significantly faster. One of the best things to pair it with is a wind shroud, it will help out even in calm conditions.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

OP
nickstevens2588
I've used one for several years. It's a solid unit and still works great, but it's slow. The Pocket Rocket boils significantly faster. One of the best things to pair it with is a wind shroud, it will help out even in calm conditions.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
Yes I also baught a wind screen with the purchase of the stove. Was a must have in my eyes

Beendare

WKR
I've been running that stove since it came out....a dozen years anyway...maybe more....seems like I've had it forever. Great stove.

Folds up small....weighs nothing. It just plain works. About the only down side- and this is with any stove of this type is wind affects it. So then I build a little wind screen from rocks or sticks- no problem.

twall13

WKR
I've had a crux lite for about 5 years now. It works well as others have stated. Boil times decline quickly with wind, but otherwise it boils fast. I use an olicamp pot with the heat element on the bottom and it speeds up boil times significantly. It's been awhile since I did the testing so I don't remember the times but it boiled 16 oz. of water (inside, so wind free) in about half the time of my Primus ETA Lite, which surprised me. With the Optimus pot that came with the stove the boil times were closer to the Primus stove. Add in some wind and I'm sure the Primus stove would start to boil faster than the Crux but I haven't tested them in the wind side by side so it's just anecdotal observations on my part there. I also have a cheap Etekcity stove from amazon that is very functional for the price but it had slower boil times and isn't nearly as well built as the Optimus.

I've used the Crux Lite above 10K elevation on numerous occasions without issue. The only time I had a tough time boiling water was at about 8,500 ft. but the temperature was about 15 degrees and I had a smaller 4 oz. canister that I let get cold. I now use a full 8 oz. canister and do my best to keep it warm when I know I'll be below freezing temps and haven't had an issue since.

skolberg

FNG
I've had mine for only one season now but I used it on a 7 day backcountry elk hunt last year and really liked it. It uses a bit more fuel than a jet boil but also packs nicer and the pot doubles as a nice sized cup. All my jet boil buddies liked mine as much as I did. We'll see how it hold s up for season #2!