Option Archery Sight vs Black Gold

treillw

WKR
Just saw the Option Archery Sight for the first time this weekend. Pretty cool setup how the multi-pin housing flips out of the way of the floating pin.

Anybody have experience with them? How do they compare to the black gold sights?

Thanks!

I've been very happy with my Option 8s. Some folks don't care for the 8-pin version because its oval-shaped housing won't line up perfectly concentrically inside a circular peep sight. But I've gotten accustomed to the oval shape and wouldn't change my decision to buy the 8-pin model. I don't really need 7 fixed pins, but I do want maximum range of travel for the moving pin. I also just picked up a used Option 6 to put on my backup bow. I expect I'll like it just as well except for the slightly reduced range of travel.

I don't have any firsthand experience with Black Gold sights, but I've heard and read lots of good things about them. For me the decision between the two makes would boil down to whether or not having my moving pin and fixed pins completely independent of each other and having the option to shoot in "single-pin mode" is worth an extra $100-200 (depending on the exact model).

sf jakey

Lil-Rokslider
I run all Black Gold. Just ordered an option 8 w/5pins. I’ll let you know soon, but it seems to be as good of quality, with a different functioning form factor which appeals to me.