Option archery sight

Sizthediz

WKR
Considering this sight. Debating the 6 or 8
I have searched and read the reviews. Anyone with experience of both the 6 and 8? Are the fibers bright with out having to use a sight light?anyone have issues or regrets buying the sight?
A lot of coin to drop. Just went on my first out of state hunt a realized I may need to go back to a fixed pin site from slider. I do like the option of both. I dont need to shoot to 100yds by the way.
Tia for your help

OR Archer

WKR
I don’t personally use one but I’ve set up a ton of them. Well built sight. Awesome customer service. Fibers are plenty bright. I would suggest getting an 8 pin housing but only with 4 or 5 fixed pins plus the mover. Less sight clutter and better use of the slider when the fixed pins aren’t moved out.

TxA

FNG
First season with the 6 here, I have liked it so far. The pins are plenty bright for me.

BucksNBulls

Lil-Rokslider
Have the 8 pin but ordered it custom with 4 pins and the slider. Best sight I've owned for me. Went with the 8 pin housing to get more distance out of the slide. If you go with the 8 I recommend you get the oval peep that they sell.

I've been shooting an Option 8s for a few years and have been happy with it. I ended up deciding 7 fixed pins was too many and removed 3 of them.

OP
S

Sizthediz

WKR
Thanks for all the help. I got an option 6s with 4 fixed and 1 slider. I dont have a beed to shoot to 100 and after a recent hunt I realized the value of fixed pins even though I like shooting a single pin slider

WesCAtoll

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the help. I got an option 6s with 4 fixed and 1 slider. I dont have a beed to shoot to 100 and after a recent hunt I realized the value of fixed pins even though I like shooting a single pin slider
I also went option 6 with 4 pin.
Freaking love it. Friend got one on my suggestion also loves it.

Ctitus25

Lil-Rokslider
Have the 8 pin but ordered it custom with 4 pins and the slider. Best sight I've owned for me. Went with the 8 pin housing to get more distance out of the slide. If you go with the 8 I recommend you get the oval peep that they sell.
I've been using the Option 8 for several years now... Not sure when they wised up and started making an oval peep, but that revelation just cost me $20 lol

Last edited:

BackCountryMulies

Lil-Rokslider
Cant speak for the S8 but I Made the switch from the Black Gold Pro to the S6 this past season and have no regrets the sight is extremely well built and the fibers are plenty bright. The option to go from fixed to a single pin is great!

TripleJ

WKR
I've on my 3rd year with the Option 8 with 4 fixed/1 mover pin. I've never used a better sight.

OP
S

Sizthediz

WKR
I got my option 6 , haven't completely set up yet. But man is it a nice sight. I did add a viper rechargeable light to it for my old eyes. Very happy so far

Venator

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been running option 6s with three fixed and one slider. I struggled between the oval housing and the 2” round. I originally ordered the 8s oval with Dans oval peep but even with oval Peep I couldn’t get used to it. I wanted the longer range for practicing but in the end the 6s round housing was it for me. Pins, build quality and customer service is all top notch. Oh and NO 16 week lead time!!!! Dan and his bro are doing it right! Awesome sight.

I have the Option 8 and I love it. Best sight I've ever owned. I custom ordered it 5 pins, I wanted the bigger housing for extended travel for long range shots. I do not have the oval peep so it requires a lot of focus for centering my circle peep on the housing, I will be purchasing the oval peep soon. Pins are super bright and customizable for color and size.

Twitch

WKR
I have an 8 on my primary bow and 6 on my backup.

Love them

Attachments

• B764585C-92DA-442C-9F2F-DC90D505BFF6.jpeg
    B764585C-92DA-442C-9F2F-DC90D505BFF6.jpeg
    818.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 8E0F013D-78CB-4664-A076-67F696095F74.jpeg
    8E0F013D-78CB-4664-A076-67F696095F74.jpeg
    703.2 KB · Views: 21

ctcranor

FNG
FNG here so pre-apologies for stupid questions and for high jacking this thread!

I’d love to know how some of you are setting up your sights and using your slider pin (in relationship with your fixed pins)? I like the idea of this sight as right now I’m only target shooting at 20/30/40 yards. That’ll increase as I improve but can’t see it getting too much further, at least at this point. Right now, my pins are fairly close together and I’m finding that difficult… so the idea of using a single is ideal. That being said, a multi-pin would be a must for future hunting. Also, being older with not the greatest eyes, bigger tends to be better so the 8 might make sense but, as stated above, my need for real distance probably isn’t realistic.

I’m in Colorado so Mule deer, someday elk, and lots of targets. I’d like to hear where you all set your fixed pins and how you use your slider? Maybe a few of you are where I am in age and/or eyesight and how you use your Option!? TIA!

Simon1523

FNG
Considering this sight. Debating the 6 or 8
I have searched and read the reviews. Anyone with experience of both the 6 and 8? Are the fibers bright with out having to use a sight light?anyone have issues or regrets buying the sight?
A lot of coin to drop. Just went on my first out of state hunt a realized I may need to go back to a fixed pin site from slider. I do like the option of both. I dont need to shoot to 100yds by the way.
Tia for your help
Following

OP
S

Sizthediz

WKR
Multi pin for huntting 20 30 40 50 HD fixed pin
Mover pin set for 60 or longer shots and also can use mover as a single pin for target 3d or if shots on animals are within a certain short ranges

ctcranor

FNG
This was what I though, thank you! I read somewhere on the internet (so it must be true!) that one pin could essentially be used for 20/30 or even to 40 as the drop in the arrow flight at that range was minimal. I can maybe see that for 20/30 but not for 40 unless maybe using a 30 pin for all three. That probably has a lot to due with my setup though.
Multi pin for huntting 20 30 40 50 HD fixed pin
Mover pin set for 60 or longer shots and also can use mover as a single pin for target 3d or if shots on animals are within a certain short ranges