Option archery sight

ctcranor

FNG
This was what I though, thank you! I read somewhere on the internet (so it must be true!) that one pin could essentially be used for 20/30 or even to 40 as the drop in the arrow flight at that range was minimal. I can maybe see that for 20/30 but not for 40 unless maybe using a 30 pin for all three. That probably has a lot to due with my setup though.
I essentially want to make that cluster of pins minimal if possible. I have that 20/30/40 fixed pins now and the spacing seems too tight, like 1/2”, which I’m struggling with. The idea of a single pin is very appealing but as I need readers to see the tape, this wouldn’t work for hunting.

Riplip

WKR
Thinking of trying the Option Sight this year. Question for you guys running the standard housing, what is the max distance you are getting with your slider pin? Trying to decided between regular or large (8) oval housing. One of the drawbacks I have heard is that your adjustable bottom pin will max out at the bubble. FYI, I am shooting a 480 grain arrow, approx 260 fps

OP
S

Sizthediz

WKR
That's how I have mine set up but theoretically you could have a 30 40 50 60 fixed pins and then a mover from there. I am a single pin person but definitely seen the need for fixed in hunting situations where animal approaches and you don't have time or cant move pin without getting busted

I’d love to know how some of you are setting up your sights and using your slider pin (in relationship with your fixed pins)?
Fixed pins at 20/30/40/50 yds. Slider sitting at 60 yds until/unless I need to move it.

I chose an Option 8s to extend my max range when I shoot TAC or mess around in the backyard, but for hunting purposes a 4 or 6 pin housing would be fine. Only reason to go with an 8 pin is if you want to play around with 100+ yd shots. Also the 8 pin housing is oblong so you can't frame it perfectly within a circular peep sight. The 4 and 6 pin housings are circular.

Riplip

WKR
Fixed pins at 20/30/40/50 yds. Slider sitting at 60 yds until/unless I need to move it.

I chose an Option 8s to extend my max range when I shoot TAC or mess around in the backyard, but for hunting purposes a 4 or 6 pin housing would be fine. Only reason to go with an 8 pin is if you want to play around with 100+ yd shots. Also the 8 pin housing is oblong so you can't frame it perfectly within a circular peep sight. The 4 and 6 pin housings are circular.

What kind of distance do you max out with your 4/6 pin housing? Do you use an oval peep with your 8?
thx

OP
S

Sizthediz

WKR
This is my sight tape I'm using GT pierce arrows so your mileage may vary depending on arrow weights and bow speed20220206_192732.jpg

soundfanz

FNG
Late to thread, and not many options for purchase of Option Archery sights here in Australia.
What I'd like to know is are the pins easily removable? I see a 6s available from a site here in Oz, but would only purchase if I could remove a couple of the pins.

ctcranor

FNG
Late to thread, and not many options for purchase of Option Archery sights here in Australia.
What I'd like to know is are the pins easily removable? I see a 6s available from a site here in Oz, but would only purchase if I could remove a couple of the pins.
I had asked the same question before my purchase. The response was ”easy to remove, can’t be reinstalled without shipping it back.“ I didn’t follow up on that statement but assumed it was the fiber that proves difficult. I’d ask them directly on the website, they responded to me within a day, great communication.

OP
S

Sizthediz

WKR
Yes pins are removable
I ordered an option 6 but only wanted 4 fixed pins and 1 mover
If you order one you can specify pin configuration pin size or colors you want some of which might add cost. It did not cost me extra to have pin removed

The pins are easily removable. Remove one hex socket screw and the pin slides right out.

Re-installing pins is not easy due to the long fiber optic thread attached to the pin. Routing the fiber around the sight housing is difficult (but doable with patience and a steady hand).