Option archery sights - reviews/alternatives?

I have a few MBG sights that I really like but they’re simpler. I had one with the slider but I could never get used to it - it would alter my anchor points and was generally uncomfortable using it so I ended up sending it up the road.

I recently discovered that they make sights with a “floating pin” where the housing doesn’t move - what a concept! Option archery 4/6/8 is the one that comes up the most, but is also quiet pricy.

Would love to hear some first hand experiences with these sights - and also would like to hear about alternatives. I know Trophy Ridge makes one but ehh… I’d like to stay away from them if I can.

Thanks in advance!

I've been shooting an Option 8s for 3 years and love it. I chose the 8 pin model because I wanted the larger housing and greater range of travel. I later decided 8 pins was too many and removed 3 of the fixed pins. I've also got a first generation Option 6 on my backup bow.

TripleJ

WKR
I’ve been using the option 8 with 4 fixed and the floater for the last 2 seasons. I love it, it’s the best sight I’ve ever used.

I used an option something, had like 5 pins and a 6th floater.

I couldn't get the range out of it because the housing didn't move.

Decent sight, just didn't go out as far as I wanted to practice. So I guess since you don't want the housing moving, it might be perfect for you. It did have a little buzz/hum on the shot that I never figured out. Wasn't very loud, just something vibrating a little.

Zac

WKR
Trophy Ridge makes something similar if you want a more budget friendly option.

OP
J
I’ve been using the option 8 with 4 fixed and the floater for the last 2 seasons. I love it, it’s the best sight I’ve ever used.
That’s more and more the way I’m leaning - I was originally thinking I’d go option 6, but the 8 with 4/5 fixed pins and the single floater is sounding better and better.

Do you use the oval peep or just a regular peep?

OP
J
I used an option something, had like 5 pins and a 6th floater.

I couldn't get the range out of it because the housing didn't move.

Decent sight, just didn't go out as far as I wanted to practice. So I guess since you don't want the housing moving, it might be perfect for you. It did have a little buzz/hum on the shot that I never figured out. Wasn't very loud, just something vibrating a little.
If I can get out to 80-90 yards I’ll be happy. I’m thinking I’ll go with the 8 over the 4/6 due to bigger housing and more travel.

TripleJ

WKR
That’s more and more the way I’m leaning - I was originally thinking I’d go option 6, but the 8 with 4/5 fixed pins and the single floater is sounding better and better.

Do you use the oval peep or just a regular peep?
I have a "custom" oval peep that my buddy made for me using a small round file to file out a round peep. It does improve the sight picture.

It takes some getting used to having your 20 yd pin clear up at the top of your sight window but I don't even notice it now. Having it at the top gives you the maximum range for your mover pin. Shooting 275 fps with a 465 gr arrow, I can dial out to 100 yds.

paxamus

WKR
I have the oval peep from Option with my 8 sight (I have three fixed and one mover). I love the Option 8! I had a Xero A1i and I liked it but I really love the Option. I had a Spott Hogg Fast Eddie XL and I like the Option better. As a plus, their customer service is AMAZING! I lost a little set screw and contacted them and the immediately shipped me one at no charge!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had one and loved it. Worked awesome and was amazing for the times when you wanted/were able to dial. I shot my buck at 33 yards and had time to flip the multi pins out of the way. Worth every penny in my opinion.
Only downside is not being able to practice as far as with a sight where the housing moves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk