Option Archery sights

Anyone use these sights? Seems like a great concept. The only reservation I have is that the closer pins are likely at the top of the housing. Has anyone noticed this affecting their sight picture in a negative way? What are your overall thoughts on these sights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I've been using them since Dan designed them. You are correct in that your top pins will be near the top of the housing, similar to a fixed pin sight picture.
I have had zero issues and really like them.

Been shooting an Option 8s since 2018 and picked up an older model 6-pin for my backup bow last year. I've been happy with both.

OP
O
Been shooting an Option 8s since 2018 and picked up an older model 6-pin for my backup bow last year. I've been happy with both.

How is it with aligning the oval housing with a peep?

How is it with aligning the oval housing with a peep?

Took some getting used to at first, but I don't even notice it now. I upsized from a 3/16" peep sight to a 5/16" so I could fully frame the oval housing. Someday I'd like to try out one of the oval shaped peeps Option recently released.

TripleJ

WKR
I love mine. I’ve been shooting an option 8 for the last 2 years. The fixed pins are definitely clustered at the top but I don’t notice it at all.

OP
O
Thanks for all the input fellas! Makes my decision pretty darn easy

I had an Option 6. I liked the design and pins and Dan was super helpful getting the fiber redone. I did not like the limitation of not being able to shoot longer shots. The floater only went down to 70 some yards cranked all the way down. That was shooting 295fps. We shoot 90+ at league so I needed to be able to dial out.