Options for a giant "group kitchen" tarp?

Macchina

Lil-Rokslider
When I hunt in a group we usually end up bringing 3 to 4 tents and set up a tarp to cook under. The tarp area ends up being our community area after dark and aside from sleeping it is by far the place we'll spend the most time at camp in. Our camps have evolved over the years and we now bring 2 or 3 Chinook 9'x11' silnylon tarps and can usually create some kind of roof and 2 or 3 walls for wind breaks depending on the arrangement of trees in the area. Here you can see a single windbreak wall tarp setup we did a few years back (we now add a tarp or two to this arrangement):

FB_IMG_1582913563302.jpg

I am looking for different options to create a group space on these hunts. It would be nice if it were rather lightweight as we are back about 6-8 miles where we hunt but the hunt is 7 days and it's well worth it to have a nice group area as we use it for several hours a day and the weather can turn nasty (down in the 20's with blowing snow is not unusual). I thought about a 12 person Tipi but they so expensive and require a lot of room to set up. Our camps tend to have a lot of trees in them.

Any good giant tarp options that will get us a roof that can take rain/snow and 3 or 4 windbreak walls? It will have to be floorless and fit up to 8 people sitting down on mats or ultralight chairs. We cook over a group white gas stove (MSR Whisperlite) and have a tiny cooking fire when have game to eat in camp.

Carlo210

FNG
I came across your Surefire C2 centurion light online. Is it still available?

CARLO

JR Greenhorn

Lil-Rokslider
We use a Kelty Noah's tarp for this on Boundary Waters trips, for groups of 6-9. Another guy in our group bought it, but I think it's the 16' model. It's not particularly light, but we've carried it a lot. I packed it out, wet, on the Grand Portage (8+ mi).

We pitch one corner high, and directly over the campfire. The opposite corner gets pitched 2-3' off the ground. The two side corners usually get pitched with one higher, one lower, to shed the wind. Once we get the pitch dialed, it'll trap heat from the fire without too much smoke, shed rain and wind, and still offer views in most directions. We do all bring chairs (mostly Roll-A-Chairs, but some Helinox style), and sit under the tarp in those.

We used to use a 10x14' flat/rectangular tarp from Cooke Custom Sewing. It was quite a bit lighter, but the cut of the Kelty Noah's really does work better for us.