OR Helium rain jacket vs BD Stormline Stretch Sizing

stephane110

Lil-Rokslider
I’m very interested in the Black Diamond stormline stretch rain shell, however there is no local stores where I could try one on. The Outdoor Research Helium rain jacket in size medium fits over my puffy perfectly. Does anyone have both these jackets for a size comparison, or any other info that would help me figure out if the medium in the Black Diamond would be an equivalent fit?

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
@stephane110 If you haven’t yet bought the stormline I can give you an idea of the fit having owned one for awhile. Sorry I can’t compare to the helium.

A large fit me perfectly over a fleece and moderate fill puffy. I’m 6’2 190-200lb when I had it. Happy to answer any other questions about it.

OP
S

stephane110

Lil-Rokslider
@stephane110 If you haven’t yet bought the stormline I can give you an idea of the fit having owned one for awhile. Sorry I can’t compare to the helium.

A large fit me perfectly over a fleece and moderate fill puffy. I’m 6’2 190-200lb when I had it. Happy to answer any other questions about it.
I actually ended up buying a Stormline stretch before this elk season. I got the size medium and it fits great! Seems a little larger than the helium (I compared medium in both jackets). But it’s perfect for over my fleece and puffy as well. Love the jacket so far and glad I went with it over the helium.