OR, REI, or Kuiu?

I'm looking at each of these brands for my first purchase of a gaiter. Here, I have a few briars, lots of brush, and a lot of wet grass to deal with. Any recommendations? I'd like one that "breathes."

jherald

WKR
I went with OR Crocs because they are built tough, much better than REI's I have seen. No experience with Kuiu. Crocs seem breathable enough to me.

sk1

WKR
i absolutely love my kuius.....made out of great material, light, and comfortable. Someone on here did post they had the hardware break where you adjust the strap length....i havent had any issues but i could see it possibly happening if it hits a rock or something just right.....either way if it did break you know kuiu would take care of you and i havent heard of this being a recurring issue. Kuiu gets my vote

LazyV

Lil-Rokslider
I've only had my Kuiu ones for a few months now but so far I really like them. Solid construction as sk1 mentioned and I'm sure Kuiu would take care of it if there was a problem.

Rockey

FNG
The one great thing about OR is they guarantee their gators if anything were to happen and they are made well. I have heard great things about the Kuiu gators but haven't seen them personally.

Trout bum

Lil-Rokslider
I have OR crocs and KUIU gaiters. I like them both. The OR crocs seem to be more durable (eight years of use) but are louder. The KUIU gaiters are not as noisy and seem to be well made but I cannot speak to the long term durability yet. That being said, my buddy just sent his KUIU gaiters back after less than a year of use because the plastic backing on the velcro split and separated. They will send him a new pair. OR and KUIU both have great customer service. I think the crocs may cost a bit more.

I have had my OR gortex gaiters for a good 10++ years and they are awesome. Never tried the others? Kenetrek is another good gaiter to look at.

dotman

WKR
I have had my OR gortex gaiters for a good 10++ years and they are awesome. Never tried the others? Kenetrek is another good gaiter to look at.

We auctioned off some of the kenetrek gaiters and I was pretty amazed at how quiet they are. I also have OR crocs and they are super noisy when dry but get pretty quiet when wet.