OR SuperStrand LT Hoodie? New synthetic down replacement

Any one tried this yet? I’ve seen some excellent reviews on YouTube recently. Very wind/water resistant, warm, and packable synthetic insulation comparable if not better than down..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
At 10.9 oz it could be a great choice if it's actually as warm as an equivalent down jacket. I still haven't found synthetic insulation that is as warm, light, and packable as down.

OP
Topo_trekker
At 10.9 oz it could be a great choice if it's actually as warm as an equivalent down jacket. I still haven't found synthetic insulation that is as warm, light, and packable as down.

Do you pack both down sleeping bag and jacket?

I usually run a down bag and syn jacket.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Do you pack both down sleeping bag and jacket?

I usually run a down bag and syn jacket.

Yes, I normally carry a down quilt or bag along with a down puffy jacket and down vest if needed.

I have some synthetic jackets that I use a lot for day hunts but not very often if backpacking.

ccarter

FNG
They call it a jacket for all seasons. Seems like something in that weight range and something that thin is a 3 season jacket at best. I've become more and more skeptical over time, but I imagine it's about as warm as other ultra light jackets. Warm enough when exerting some energy, inadequate in temps below 40 while sitting and glassing for any extended period of time whether it's down, synthetic, or a combination of the two. Don't mean to be negative, that's just what I've found with super thin insulated pieces.

Bearsears

WKR
This thing is getting some great YouTube reviews by some guys I trust. Im pretty interested in giving it a try.