OR Unit 169 (Steens)

OSUsmokey

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone else headed down there this year? Ive got quite a few areas targeted to hit for a couple scouting trips that start this weekend. Ive had one "guide" tell me that locals will do basically anything they can to ruin the hunting on the public lands bordering their properties during season. Also other hunters that just start shooting from way too far away at animals to ruin your stalk if they spot you going after the buck. Anyone who has hunted down there recently ever experience anything like this? I don't plan to hunt anywhere near pvt, but thought that was pretty extreme.

Smokeslider

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone else headed down there this year? Ive got quite a few areas targeted to hit for a couple scouting trips that start this weekend. Ive had one "guide" tell me that locals will do basically anything they can to ruin the hunting on the public lands bordering their properties during season. Also other hunters that just start shooting from way too far away at animals to ruin your stalk if they spot you going after the buck. Anyone who has hunted down there recently ever experience anything like this? I don't plan to hunt anywhere near pvt, but thought that was pretty extreme.

His quote makes me want to go there and make it worse for him. Shit happens everywhere. People just high strung and think they're Jim Shockey when they go hunting every 4 years. With that said, I'd be surprised if it was a "problem".

ndayton

WKR
I would be more concerned about falling to your death then other hunters messing you up, its big country so unless you are hunting from the road you shouldn't be harassed by other people.

OP
OSUsmokey

OSUsmokey

Lil-Rokslider
I would be more concerned about falling to your death then other hunters messing you up, its big country so unless you are hunting from the road you shouldn't be harassed by other people.

Yeah that was a very unfortunate situation.

Extrapale

WKR
There will be tourists all over the loop road and anywhere there are Aspens to look at.

A good snow will thin them ouy a little, but the loop road gets a ton of traffic all through the fall.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk