OR Vigor hoody vs Kuiu Peleton 240

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
At $99 and offered in an earthy green I picked this up recently. I have been looking for a more breathable replacement for my Kuiu Peleton 240 full zip. Out Door Gear Lab gave the Vigor high marks, which helped with the decision.

The OR is a medium, the Kuiu is a large. The Kuiu is slightly looser on my torso. It is hard to say if the size difference accounts for the full weight difference, but, I'm inclined to think the OR is just lighter. The OR is 370 g, the Kuiu 442 g.
20220614_112051.jpg20220614_112010.jpg

Both have hand warmer pockets, but the OR also gets a vertical zip chest pocket on the left.

Both have scuba style hoods, the OR hood is cut slightly looser, which I prefer.
20220614_112703.jpg20220614_112749.jpg

Both have thumb holes.

The OR is grid fleece, the Kuiu is not.
20220614_113350.jpg20220614_113400.jpg

The OR feels more breathable (not used it yet) but the Kuiu feels more wind resident.

For some reason all my pictures are too large, I will resize them and post later.

Update 12/2022
The OR does very little to cut the wind, but it breathes very well. For an outer layer when running around town I prefer the Kuiu. However, for almost everything else the OR and a windshirt are more comfortable and versatile. I can leave the OR on longer during hight output activity as it breathes well. It is a better mid layer for the same reason.

The Kuiu looks better.

The OR is made in Indonesia, the Kuiu in Ethiopia (assuming I'm reading the Peleton's tag correctly, it is a bit worn).
20221225_104537.jpg20221225_104551.jpg

Last edited:

USMC2378

Lil-Rokslider
At $99 and offered in an earthy green I picked this up recently. I have been looking for a more breathable replacement for my Kuiu Peleton 240 full zip. Out Door Gear Lab gave the Vigor high marks, which helped with the decision.

The OR is a medium, the Kuiu is a large. The Kuiu is slightly looser on my torso. It is hard to say if the size difference accounts for the full weight difference, but, I'm inclined to think the OR is just lighter. The OR is 370 g, the Kuiu 442 g.
View attachment 420082View attachment 420081

Both have hand warmer pockets, but the OR also gets a vertical zip chest pocket on the left.

Both have scuba style hoods, the OR hood is cut slightly looser, which I prefer.
View attachment 420083View attachment 420084

Both have thumb holes.

View attachment 420086View attachment 420087

The OR feels more breathable (not used it yet) but the Kuiu feels more wind resident.

For some reason all my pictures are too large, I will resize them and post later.
Yes, it has bonded fleece it’s supposed to be more wind resistant. What do you think the main advantage of the OR Vigor besides the weight it’s over the peloton 240.

OP
Marbles

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Yes, it has bonded fleece it’s supposed to be more wind resistant. What do you think the main advantage of the OR Vigor besides the weight it’s over the peloton 240.
It breaths like a mid-layer should. The Peloton 240 is more like a light weight soft shell. A great choice for low exertion activities, not so much for higher intensity. Plus, I normally have an outer layer that will cut the wind if needed. The Peloton 240 is also slow to dry, but I will have to see if the Vigor dries faster or not.

Better, though is relative to the user, so I think the Vigor will be better for me. Others may prefer the Peloton 240.

chocolab

Lil-Rokslider
the OR vigor stuff is a IMO a good basic grid fleece midlayer. I wear one over a merino layer mosf of the time. The biggest gripe I have with the vigor line from OR is for me, I sweat and it stinks. It doen't have any special magic that some of the other synthetics have to keep stink down. Still like it a lot tho

SMOKYMTN

WKR
the OR vigor stuff is a IMO a good basic grid fleece midlayer. I wear one over a merino layer mosf of the time. The biggest gripe I have with the vigor line from OR is for me, I sweat and it stinks. It doen't have any special magic that some of the other synthetics have to keep stink down. Still like it a lot tho
You need ElimiShield X10D. It's an incredible permanent clothing treatment for synthetic fabrics.

(Edit to add, X10D isn't an off the the shelf clothing detergent, it's a permeant treatment for clothing that works wonders at knocking down that funk on synthetics. You don't put this in the wash, you use a tub or bucket and let your clothes soak)

https://elimishieldhunt.com/product/elimishield-hunt-x10d/

SMOKYMTN

WKR

View attachment 420082View attachment 420081

View attachment 420083View attachment 420084

Both have thumb holes.

View attachment 420086View attachment 420087

In the last few years, OR has done very well with solids that could be used in the field. I purchased one of their Helium Down Vests last year in earth green, it goes toe to toe with the SG Grumman any day of the week. It blows the FL Brooks vest out of the water for the same price.

OP
Marbles

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Updated the OP. For me, the OR fits my preferences better.

Blue

FNG
OR Vigor is great, totally concur with your review. OR also has really awesome pro deals if you happen to apply.

fmyth

WKR
I took both the Vigor and the Peloton 240 on my late Nov early Dec elk hunt this year. I purchased them to use as a mid layer. I found that the Peloton was more wind resistant but did not breathe enough and I sweated out both days I wore it. I now wear the OR Vigor as a mid layer with my OR Ferrosi over it. I'll be selling the Peloton 240.

Thanks for updating this. I was eyeing this piece up.

OR seems to be a great alternative to many offerings. I acquired a set if their foray rain gear last year and am very pleased with it.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I almost think the peloton 200 might match up better to the vigor and other mid weight fleece options. i had a 240 but returned it, it just didn;t really have a place in my system.