Orange dog vest

Magicmatt

FNG
Anybody have a favorite brand or vest they have for there pups . Looking for a vest for my hunting buddy. Jax is 3 yrs old and about 70 pounds. We are blessed he’s an awesome pup.

Attachments

• 812B2543-C918-420E-92A6-365CD886940D.png
    812B2543-C918-420E-92A6-365CD886940D.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 24

BigWoods

WKR
I haven't ordered one for my dog just yet, but the Sylmar vests seem to be highly recommend over on the Upland Journal forum.

twall13

WKR
The Cabela's Ripstop Dog Vest has worked well for my dog. He bounced off a few barbed wire fences as a pup still figuring things out and came away no worse for wear.

My brother got one just like it for his GSP and really liked it for the first trip out. We were both shocked on the second outing to find all of the buckles broken as mine is going on 7 years with no problems. Upon further inspection I determined they had bite marks on them. He left the vest laying in the kennel with his pup during travel and the dog chewed up all the buckles. So, short of user error, I've had good luck with them. I haven't tried any others for comparison but I also haven't felt like I was lacking anything enough to look elsewhere.

Apparently I don't have a great photo but I guess this one's better than nothing.

Check out Mud River made by Boyt. It's a dog vest, it's orange, it's durable and never restrictive.

The dog in the pic goes hard and fast through cover. She likes wearing it, wears it often, and zero episodes where it unfastened (velcro). Very smart design!

However, a powerful lab is on a different level than all other gun dog breeds so mileage may vary.

Attachments

• IMG_2981.jpg
    IMG_2981.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 17

RAPTOR

WKR
Ruffwear track jacket in blaze orange is what my boy wears. Light enough so he doesn't overheat and stays put.