Orange lid for kifaru

MOSO 300

FNG
For a long time I’ve looked for something that would serve like a Grab-it but high up like a lid. Does anyone know what this one might be or have an example of what they have done? Photo was in Jan/Feb western hunter
33e3bb14d53202b96b5a73eb984e3aee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could use a grab-it to do that.
Or just strap down your head/rack and cover with an orange vest.
Or strap down your head/rack and cover with a Orange Aglow panel.

sab

Lil-Rokslider
The Kifaru Longhunter lid had a reversible fleece panel on the lid. One side was blaze orange and the other was camo. I don’t think that is what is in that picture, though.

OP
MOSO 300

MOSO 300

FNG
You could use a grab-it to do that.
Or just strap down your head/rack and cover with an orange vest.
Or strap down your head/rack and cover with a Orange Aglow panel.

I thought to myself I could do that with a grab it, add a couple rows of Powell’s to it. But at that price I was kinda hoping to find one already done and not something to my never ending to do list. I like the aglow panel idea too! Great info thank you

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I had my wife sew me a “cover” that clips onto the top of my pack. She sewed on two female clips and sewed the male ends to the cover. It covers the top half of the pack and lid. I could have her make you one that ties on instead of clips.

OP
MOSO 300

MOSO 300

FNG
I had my wife sew me a “cover” that clips onto the top of my pack. She sewed on two female clips and sewed the male ends to the cover. It covers the top half of the pack and lid. I could have her make you one that ties on instead of clips.

I thought about that myself as I have extra buckles already, put I do all the sewing in my family anyway (thanks to grandmother that knew I’d need it later) we have a machine. I might grab some material and make what I want

ChrisAU

WKR
Use a blaze orange seek talon on my pack, adds 800 CI of storage and can be used as a grab it, strap it any way you like on your pack:

zKmqcNo.jpg

Lawnboi

WKR
Pods8, rugged stitching made me a blaze orange belt pout kid of thing to put on top of my fulcrum. Works perfect for the food over lid. Price was fair too. I’d contact him and see if he can do what you want

alrick18

Lil-Rokslider
I will say a BIG shout out for Pods8, I had trouble finding a used Kifaru pack lid that is no longer made. He sowed me up a couple lids at a more than reasonable cost with a quick completion time frame.

I always strap a $5 Wally World special orange vest on the back of my reckoning... cheap, light, effective. But that’s just me.