Ordered a TBAC 7 - Question about Compact Brake (CB) Mount

I just bought a TBAC Ultra 7 30CB 5/8-24. I'm hoping I didn't jump the gun without completing my research, but I wanted to go ahead and get one on order. This is my first suppressor and I tried to buy one that would be very versatile for my needs.

I plan to use the suppressor on a:
Tikka T3X .223 (not yet threaded)
Custom .260 (Broughton #5, not yet threaded)
and a future purpose built 7 saum or .308.

Since I got the CB mount, I'm assuming I can purchase a CB Muzzle Brake or CB Flash Hider for each of my rifles and share the Ultra 7 between them? What are the outer diameter threads on these accessories?

If I bought a CB muzzle brake in 1/2x28 for the .223, would I need another adapter?
I'm wondering if I messed up and should modify my order for a 9/16x24 since I may be able to thread all my current barrels for 9/16.

OP
dreamingWest
I think I've seen/read enough to know I should stay with the 5/8x24 currently ordered.
I'm thinking if I want to use it on my Tikka .223, I'll need a smaller thread to 5/8x24 adapter.

As a Ultra 7 CB owner, Id go 5/8x24 direct thread if doing it over and just use thread adapters for any barrels that have smaller than 5/8" threads.

OP
dreamingWest
If they made a 1/2x28 CB .223 muzzle brake that had 5/8x24 outer threads, that would be convenient. I'm assuming they don't. I sent an email, but haven't called.

Forest

WKR
If they made a 1/2x28 CB .223 muzzle brake that had 5/8x24 outer threads, that would be convenient. I'm assuming they don't. I sent an email, but haven't called.
I dont think you quite understand the cb mount. The cb mounts themselves are what come in 9/16", 5/8x24 etc. Your new suppressor comes with one cb mount, and it appears it is 5/8 which is the most common.

The threads on the suppressor itself are much much bigger, I don't know that exact number off the top of my my head. Each brake/flash hider you buy will have female threads (5/8, 9/16, etc) that screw onto each gun with the exact threads that are on the barrel and therefore no smaller thread adapters are needed. The male threads on these are all the same size, so your ultra 7 will go right onto any of them without needed adapters or anything like that.

It is a bit more of an expensive system, but in the end it does actually simplify it and makes it quick and easy to switch guns. I like it, and to do it over again I'd probably stay the same route. If there are guns you think you may shoot without the suppressor I'd recommend the flash hider over a brake just due to less noise unsuppressed.

TBAC will convert it to direct thread if you decide you'd rather do that, not too expensive. But then you will need thread adapters to go to the smaller barrels.

They have great customer service and a phone call with them will likely explain all this better than I just did.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Edit: what he said ^^

All cb mounts have the same male threads (what the can screws to) but you can get several different female threads (what screws to the barrel). Much ado is made regarding the expense of cb brakes and how you should just go with the direct thread, but I think the cb (and other tapered style) is awesome. Very repeatable, gets very tight. I have cb, would do it again all over.

I have used my ultra 9 on 223, 308, 6 dasher and 300 wsm.

OP
dreamingWest
Thanks! The strength of the CB makes sense to me. I was just getting crossed up with the threads/connections/adapters. I've never seen these in person...just a internet shopper.

I’m interested in the same thing. Might get a suppressor at some point. I have a .300 wm that is already threaded. And I have a tikka lite .243 that i would want to use the suppressor on

FOS373

Lil-Rokslider
Here’s a real example as I ordered a couple of brakes for different rifles for my Ultra 9 and Dominus recently.

Untimed brake for a 223 AR 1/2 X 28 threads on the left and “standard” 9/8x24 on the right.

Either of the TBAC cans that I have will thread onto the brakes. E1A70813-C7A8-4D28-A7BE-44E8420EA8B7.jpeg

I went direct thread and 5/8-24. I'm seriously considering threading my .223 in 5/8-24 just so I never accidentally put my 22lr suppressor on it. It has a .750 muzzle.

OP
dreamingWest
Here’s a real example as I ordered a couple of brakes for different rifles for my Ultra 9 and Dominus recently.

Untimed brake for a 223 AR 1/2 X 28 threads on the left and “standard” 9/8x24 on the right.

Either of the TBAC cans that I have will thread onto the brakes. View attachment 356386
Excellent!

Jason277

WKR
I ordered the same suppressor. I email Thunder beast and they are going to make it a permanent direct thread. I'm not sure how. Once my dealer receives it from the Silencer shop, they will send it in while I wait for the ATF to drag their feet.

Braaap

WKR
I ordered the same suppressor. I email Thunder beast and they are going to make it a permanent direct thread. I'm not sure how. Once my dealer receives it from the Silencer shop, they will send it in while I wait for the ATF to drag their feet.
Why did you decide to switch to direct thread?

I also bought an ultra 7 cb brake mount but don’t have it yet.

Forest

WKR
They essentially just weld a cb brake into the suppressor. They can easily convert the other way also

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

WKR
I ship all my barreled actions to TBAC and have them chop and put on appropriate CB. Works great and TBAC has quick turn and solid pricing.

CoStick

WKR
I ship all my barreled actions to TBAC and have them chop and put on appropriate CB. Works great and TBAC has quick turn and solid pricing.
I am dropping off a couple barrels because they are thinner and need a specific mount. They have been great to work with.