Ordering Kifaru from Black Ovis

I’m wondering if anyone here has ordered a Kifaru pack from Black Ovis yet? I put in an order a couple hours ago for a Ranger Green Hoodlum. Is there a typical Kifaru wait time or does this mean BO has that pack in stock?

rob86jeep

WKR
I saw a post on the Kifaru Facebook page that a guy ordered a pack from Black Ovis and others chimed in that Kifaru recently allowed Black Ovis to sell some of their items. I would think that if it's on Black Ovis, then it's in stock and ready to ship.

OP
TCUHunter34
That’s kind of what I was thinking as well. I’ll send an update when I find out

OP
TCUHunter34
Hmm. I bet if ya asked BO they would tell ya.
I bet so also. Emailed them last night and will update once I get a response. Figured someone else might know or would be good to let others know once they answer me. Thanks.

OP
TCUHunter34
Just heard back from BO. For those of you looking for something sold out on Kifaru's site, anything Black Ovis has online is available in stock and will be able to skip the lead time.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Weird that Kifaru would let BO sell stuff. Not really sure what advantage Kifaru would get from selling to a middle man at a discount.

twall13

WKR
Weird that Kifaru would let BO sell stuff. Not really sure what advantage Kifaru would get from selling to a middle man at a discount.
I can see how it could be a benefit as they have been growing rapidly. By pushing some inventory to a retailer that then takes some of the risk out and can help them as they make investments to ramp up production to keep up with demand. That said, they tried it once before with One Shot Gear but nothing ever seemed to be in stock and it didn't last long. I obviously don't know all the backstory but it seems to me it damaged the relationship between the two companies and One Shot now heavily pushes Stone Glacier as a superior product. Being local to Black Ovis I'm hopeful it works out as it would be nice to stop by and check things out on occasion.

Norm555

WKR
Aron has mentioned he has a partner who is buying Kifaru with him. I'm wondering if it is Kendall Card who owns black ovis and a number of other outdoor gear companies at this point.

fatlander

WKR
Kifaru gear is for sale at Barney’s Sport Chalet in Alaska as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadler

WKR
Just heard back from BO. For those of you looking for something sold out on Kifaru's site, anything Black Ovis has online is available in stock and will be able to skip the lead time.

Skip the lead time, free shipping, don’t have to pay taxes AND you get a rokslide discount! I don’t think I’ll buy directly from Kifaru again.

rob86jeep

WKR
Skip the lead time, free shipping, don’t have to pay taxes AND you get a rokslide discount! I don’t think I’ll buy directly from Kifaru again.
I doubt you'll ever see the entire Kifaru line on BO though. They probably only put the extra inventory over to BO to sell.

OP
TCUHunter34
I doubt you'll ever see the entire Kifaru line on BO though. They probably only put the extra inventory over to BO to sell.
I agree on that. Although, I was able to order a Ranger Green Hoodlum that is sold out on Kifaru’s site.

Just bought some add-ons for my pack, that I’ve been creeping on the classifieds here for weeks, but always get beat to the punch. No tax, free shipping, Rokslide discount, no lead time and I’m at the same price as you find for used here... saweeet! I bet the inventory at OB is gonna clear out fast don’t sleep! Will be awesome if they broaden the selection and keep up the relationship.

Seems smart to me. I'm sure kifaru had slow times that they can then fill a standing order for BO with. Keeps production moving smoothly. They can spend 5-6 no the filling a large order during their slower times. Or maybe only spend a few weeks on it a couple of times a year. Keeps employees from being idle.

OP
TCUHunter34
Just got a shipping notification for my RG Hoodlum. So a brand new Kifaru pack, 0 shipping/taxes, Rokslide discount and one week total turn around. I feel like I beat the system.

Jebuwh

Lil-Rokslider
Kendall is a good dude, I know him and Aron are friends. For me being local here in Utah, I think it's awesome. I doubt they will ever expand to tons of retailers, just the ones they know have the same kind of customer service/values as Kifaru.

tdhanses

WKR
One shot gear used to sell Kifaru a few years ago, not new, it lets a retailer order a supply and the consumer receive items they stock quickly.