Oregon 2020 western general season deer regulation changes

Just wondering people's thoughts on changing the bag limit to any visible antler in Oregon. Im not sure how i feel about it yet. I spend a lot of time in the woods i see lots of spike bucks. I'm wondering if they are just trying this out for a year or what. Are they trying to take out the genetic mutant spikes you sometimes see. Appreciate any feedback

Yeah everyone that's pissed off about this should have went to a meeting. And heard it from the book's mouth.

Yes they mentioned culling out the genetic spikes.

They also mentioned it preventing people from shooting a spike on accident and them leaving it lay.

They seemed surely convinced it would have no measurable negative effects on herd size.

slick

WKR
Same people that are going to shoot a fork will shoot a spike. ODFW doesn’t manage west side General for mature age class animals, if they did, they would severely restrict harvest. The end of the world is not happening.

Plus some yearlings sprout little forks, so there is a percentage of them being shot already. If you want bigger deer out west you need to advocate for restricting buck harvest. Not the age class of buck that’s harvested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk