Oregon Bear Draw

lintond

WKR
I know there are some groups right now working with ODFW to possibly open spring bear up to a general tag with unit kill quotas, in my opinion this would be the best system and more beneficial to hunters that truly love bear hunting.

That’s definitely how it should be. Similar to cougar tags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oregon

WKR
I know there are some groups right now working with ODFW to possibly open spring bear up to a general tag with unit kill quotas, in my opinion this would be the best system and more beneficial to hunters that truly love bear hunting.

good stuff. This was the year I did not draw. I believe the combined NW unit tag(710a) screwed a few people over.
I sent an email to ODFW Wednesday asking if tags will be available for unsuccessful applicants due to people not buying or turning them back in.
Still haven’t heard back.
Really frustrating when I see all the hills I like to hunt from my front and back porch. I really enjoy this hunt.

Hell yes!! I would love that! Best case scenario

good stuff. This was the year I did not draw. I believe the combined NW unit tag(710a) screwed a few people over.
I sent an email to ODFW Wednesday asking if tags will be available for unsuccessful applicants due to people not buying or turning them back in.
Still haven’t heard back.
Really frustrating when I see all the hills I like to hunt from my front and back porch. I really enjoy this hunt.
It really is a fun hunt. I went opening day and found a nice one right away, nice bear but didn’t want to be done that quick.

went back the next day and found him again, and my buddy tagged along and he has some 15x slc’s on a tripod, so got a really good look at him. It’s a nice bear, just not a monster... I would be happy with him, but I wouldn’t be happy filling my tag already, so I’ll keep it in my back pocket.

nobody will find that bear, and it’s not going anywhere. I do want some bear meat in the freezer, but it’s such a fun tag to hunt, and it’s too early.

it would also be a sucky pack out, if I do kill it, I’ll do it alone, because it would be inconsiderate to drag someone into that pack job, haha

I went out to far sw oregon coast burned area several years back and looked at the best food source in a huge area night before opener and morning of and didnt see any bears just a couple deer. So i still hunted across the hillside looking for sign didnt see any. Followed trail around onto north side of mountain old growth forest and seen a bear right as it seen me it stood there 20 sec then ran off. Kept going up to the ridge setup camp and glassed some other hillsides nothing. Next day glassed hillsides in am couple deer. Still hunted my way back through the north facing old growth and came between a sow and cub she took off running away downhill and cub treed on high side of trail crying so i moved on. The two bear sightings were within about 1/2 mile of each other im now thinking it was the same sow first day. Got a vantage above the good food source a S facing hillside and spent most of the day there with good wind. In the Evening the wind switched so i walked through all the best area scouring it for bear sign but nada. Last year when I found this area it was loaded with sign April 19th just didnt see any bears. On my return trip early may i killed a 12 year old boar. Maybe its too early still but I’m convinced one will be there again soon. Good luck out there and stay safe

Attachments

• AD467AB9-9BE4-4519-AFEC-00E538C0538B.jpeg
    AD467AB9-9BE4-4519-AFEC-00E538C0538B.jpeg
    711.4 KB · Views: 28
  • F5B30957-36CD-409C-9C5C-8E336553BD7B.jpeg
    F5B30957-36CD-409C-9C5C-8E336553BD7B.jpeg
    499.9 KB · Views: 27