Oregon Coast rain gear??

Hey everyone,
So I have been trying to figure out what kind of rain gear is needed to make it through hunting season on the oregon coast. I understand that the rain is not a hard down pour but more of consistent light rain. A lighter jacket should be sufficient to not get wet but what about the heavy brush and pokey things? I am not sure what kind requirements are needed to hold up to the bushes and thorns.

Sundance

Lil-Rokslider
I've had good experiences with the Sitka Cloudburst set, if you can afford it the Stormfront is top notch from Sitka (I'm getting the pants this year). Never used Kuiu but heard good things from guys in my group that use the Yukon set. I was disappointed with the durability of the FL SEAK Stormtight pants, they didn't last one season and I don't recommend them.

Last edited:

PNWflier

FNG
I would recommend having more than a light rain jacket. The Oregon Coast averages more than 70 inches a year. I recommend FL Stormtight. I've used Kuiu Chugach tops and bottoms for 2 years and they were good. Tried a buddies Sitka Stormfront which was the best rain jacket I've ever worn but also double the price. Picked up a pair of FL Stormtight jacket and pants last year and they did great.

OP
SoCalBoyDontKnow
I would recommend having more than a light rain jacket. The Oregon Coast averages more than 70 inches a year. I recommend FL Stormtight. I've used Kuiu Chugach tops and bottoms for 2 years and they were good. Tried a buddies Sitka Stormfront which was the best rain jacket I've ever worn but also double the price. Picked up a pair of FL Stormtight jacket and pants last year and they did great.
Awesome! I picked up the sitka stormfront rain pants from last year for 50% off and I love them. I have a different jacket that should be able to do the job but we shall see.

slvrslngr

WKR
If you’re on the coast and it’s raining, it won’t matter what you wear, you’re gonna get wet. Most locals wear Helly Hansen or Grundens or just live with being wet all day.