Oregon Draw Results

mtnlomo

FNG
Anyone successful? Or surprised they didn't draw? ODFW just posted the draw results today I believe. Drew my second choice along with my party, for an undisclosed unit somewhere east of the Pacific Ocean, that we have had tons of success in the past. Gives me 7 deer points now. Picking through forums you'd think there were no deer left, I don't think that's true, there are certainly pockets of quality deer throughout the state.

Got my Minam Unit Archery deer tag to go with my general Elk tag. Looks like it's going to be a fun September. Did not draw my ultimate Goat Tag adventure but it's ok, I run the highest peaks in search of bugles anyways.
Thats a unit even if you don't fill your tag it will be a hunt to remember! I've packed in there a few times for the rifle hunt and was always just amazed at how beautiful that country is.
Wishing you much luck (y)

Thats a unit even if you don't fill your tag it will be a hunt to remember! I've packed in there a few times for the rifle hunt and was always just amazed at how beautiful that country is.
Wishing you much luck (y)
I cut my teeth in McCall zone hunting in a Mercedes sedan; still found elk and deer. I'm not worried about filling the tag, I'm worried about getting it out 🤗🤔

wapitibob

WKR
I pulled the sled springs archery elk, as expected. Hopefully the world isn’t on fire and I can see through the smoke.
Hancock gates off Promise are already closed and no camping. Bring your bike if scouting. Should make for better hunting.

OP
mtnlomo

mtnlomo

FNG
I pulled the sled springs archery elk, as expected. Hopefully the world isn’t on fire and I can see through the smoke.

Congrats. And that’s something we are all hoping for. With the west on fire last year east side general archery was a freaking CF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottP

WKR
Hancock gates off Promise are already closed and no camping. Bring your bike if scouting. Should make for better hunting.
Thanks for the heads up. Bike is all ready to go. That’s a lot of country there wont be any motorized use... might go over around the 4th.

Drew Hood River first season buck tag. Nothing like looking for blacktail bucks in 85 degree heat in early Oct. in heavy cover. LOL.

ScottP

WKR
I'll be there after that. I decided not to hunt it this year but will scout for a cpl days and see what's where.
Right on. I live ~2hrs away, so I'll likely make a couple of trips to poke around. I'm familiar with the geography, but haven't actually hunted anything in that unit.

With the bleak looking drought forecast and promises of a nasty fire season I thought long and hard about burning my points this year... decided not to wait and just go for it.