Oregon Draw Results

OP
mtnlomo

mtnlomo

FNG
E Biggs Deer, It will be a first

Hunted W Biggs several years as a kid, worked for a farmer a couple weekends over the summers to get access to a piece of land locked BLM land. Killed a couple 120-130 bucks, saw some tanks running around. The deer get pushed around by road hunters on private land. Just beware of the locals and landowners some rough characters around that area. Know of several people who have been held at gun point, mainly by ranchers’ wives for seemingly no particular reason. That being said I personally had nothing but friendly interactions with locals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmike

FNG
Drew High Cascade on 2nd choice... I have shot 3 nice bucks up thee in years past. Did point savers for everything else.

If anyone has any tips for H.Cascade give me a jingle. Planning backpacking in to avoid the masses.
Mike

dalth22

FNG
Drew my archery buck tag and that is it. I was expecting to draw it but never knew with it being the first year for it.

teamvit

Lil-Rokslider
Hunted W Biggs several years as a kid, worked for a farmer a couple weekends over the summers to get access to a piece of land locked BLM land. Killed a couple 120-130 bucks, saw some tanks running around. The deer get pushed around by road hunters on private land. Just beware of the locals and landowners some rough characters around that area. Know of several people who have been held at gun point, mainly by ranchers’ wives for seemingly no particular reason. That being said I personally had nothing but friendly interactions with locals.

Good to know, I will explore some options. I did draw west, not sure why I wrote E the first time. Our current plan is to use buddies jet boat to hunt off the river.

OP
mtnlomo

mtnlomo

FNG
Good to know, I will explore some options. I did draw west, not sure why I wrote E the first time. Our current plan is to use buddies jet boat to hunt off the river.

Awesome, love that country. Just be sure to make a trip over this summer. Some of the large tracts of BLM land are grazed heavily, becoming fairly unproductive for deer. I bird hunted some spots up there in March and found some spots to be worn down from the cattle.

Extrapale

WKR
You plan to run a jet boat on the John Day in October?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Anyone successful? Or surprised they didn't draw? ODFW just posted the draw results today I believe. Drew my second choice along with my party, for an undisclosed unit somewhere east of the Pacific Ocean, that we have had tons of success in the past. Gives me 7 deer points now. Picking through forums you'd think there were no deer left, I don't think that's true, there are certainly pockets of quality deer throughout the state.
I drew a rifle deer tag but thats the only thing i drew this year. My buddy didn't draw anything. We didn't even get a spring bear tag

Oregon

WKR
Drew High Cascade on 2nd choice... I have shot 3 nice bucks up thee in years past. Did point savers for everything else.

If anyone has any tips for H.Cascade give me a jingle. Planning backpacking in to avoid the masses.
Mike
Sounds like we should be asking you for tips in the cascades if you’ve shot 3 nice bucks up there!

jmike

FNG
It's been about 10 years since I was up there. trying to talk mama into a couple over-nighters this summer to refresh my memory's and to look over some new spots.