Oregon FNG

About to turn 21. Been chasing bulls with a bow since I was 11. Shot a few, missed a few more. First solo hunt last year, shot a nice 5x5. Looking to learn, this is such an awesome community.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
HeadHunter7x8
welcome! you chase elk on the east or west side?
I've done both actually! Shot my first cow on the west side, and then both my bulls on the east side. Both are awesome, but it's definitely a different experience west of the coast range.

I've done both actually! Shot my first cow on the west side, and then both my bulls on the east side. Both are awesome, but it's definitely a different experience west of the coast range.

you bet man! it's a lot different east and west, but it's also very similar in the overall strategy, elk hunting is elk hunting, but there are certainly regional differences, both are fun.

I can't get away from the coast, but have hunted over east helping out. it would take a pretty dang good tag to get me off the coast.... I will keep putting in for weneha though ;) that's an incredible place

OP
HeadHunter7x8
you bet man! it's a lot different east and west, but it's also very similar in the overall strategy, elk hunting is elk hunting, but there are certainly regional differences, both are fun.

I can't get away from the coast, but have hunted over east helping out. it would take a pretty dang good tag to get me off the coast.... I will keep putting in for weneha though ;) that's an incredible place
You hunting rifle or bow? And yeah man, coast hunting can be a blast and super productive. There's something equally awesome and frustrating knowing your 10 yards away from a bull you just can't see when you're on the coast.