Oregon High Country Archery Mule Deer

This year Ill be hunting the Minam unit archery. I have spent a good 30 nights in the caps, and I know what to expect. Trying to narrow down my hunting area. Looking for any tips, tricks or any bits of info anyone could send my way. Still looking for my first buck.

Smokeslider

Lil-Rokslider
As I understand it and have witnessed, that unit is hurting for animals in the high country. With that said, you can't beat some of the scenery. Enjoy regardless and I'd be curious to hear how it goes.

OP
Downthedrains
As I understand it and have witnessed, that unit is hurting for animals in the high country. With that said, you can't beat some of the scenery. Enjoy regardless and I'd be curious to hear how it goes.
It seems the unit isn't doing well with deer. Plenty of goats, sheep seem low in population as well. More elk then you'd think ;)

I have a hard time talking myself into hunting elsewhere, the scenery is just absolutely amazing.

CC11

Lil-Rokslider
Try going in from the Big Creek hatchery there on the Wallowa. I have no idea how far you can drive in, but I worked on a couple fires in there years back and we saw some good bucks.