Oregon/Idaho spring bear 2022

Dea7

FNG
Hi first off just want to say this forum has been extremely helpful in planning my spring bear hunt (among other things) and that I appreciate all the knowledge that has been poured into this forum its a wealth of information. I'm planning on hunting southern Oregon if I'm able to pull the tag and idaho will be my back up if I don't draw i might try to get up to idaho even if I do draw In Oregon just depends on what my schedule is looking like around that time. I'm looking into a few different units in idaho(1,4a,4,6,43) and Oregon(24,26,27,28,30) if there's any locals that I can get in contact with as we get closer to season that I could lean on for access info such as snow pack and maybe some questions on hunting pressure In those areas. Any help is much appreciated and thanks in advance.

Trap

Lil-Rokslider
I would take 4,4a and probably 6 off your Idaho list if you’re spot and stalk hunting. There is a ton of bait hunters and more importantly hound hunters hitting those units hard. Not that you can’t get a bear it’s just way less than ideal. I have never checked it out for bear but 43 looks interesting.

WRO

WKR
Snow won't be a big issue on the coast range in Oregon. I'd hunt the snow line in the cascades.. or the last week of the season..

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

WRO

WKR
Appreciate the information

Typically the last 10 days are good, boars start to Rut a little bit and get on the move.

Another easy tag to draw is the South Central tag and there are more bears than you'd think in the Warners and Interstate.

270flat

FNG
Hi-
I’m thinking about putting in for Oregon spring bear also. Got a day and a half to get it figured out as the deadline in the 10th. Pulled a Washington tag a couple years back and the spring hunt was a great hunt.
Op did you out in and have to buy a license before applying or can you by tags and then the license if you draw?
Thanks!

Pretty sure you need a license to apply

Edit: looks like i was right

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220209-001501_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220209-001501_Chrome.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 23

HuntWyld

WKR
Not sure if you had any luck on this years spring bear adventure but I’m a guide/outfitter in the southern Oregon area feel free to shoot me a pm if you wanna come out for spring bear next year.

WILLMCC

FNG
In Idaho you have to get off of the beaten path to be successful, as a rule mind you. But there are great spring bear opportunities in Idaho, but the cost is a lot of boot leather.