Oregon Imnaha Unit OTC Archery

It will start 1 day sooner every yr for 7 years then push back.
Deer and Elk archery are the exact same dates, unless your drawing a special tag outside the norm.

I'd look high in the rocks if they are there I think that's the only place they'll feel safe.

ghostmoney

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the insight on your experience. I agree with what I think you and others are saying basically that “backcountry” and wilderness hunting is the popular thing and I’m guilty of falling to that as well. It’s a bummer to hear that about the deer numbers. The thing is I honestly have excellent mule deer hunting opportunities near my house and I do and will take advantage of those. I just really enjoy being in the “high country” and a big goal of mine is to kill a mature buck in the mountains. Which led me to look for opportunities starting in closest proximity to home and it just so happens to be that some places in Oregon are closer than Idaho. A reality I am starting to face that to get that experience I will likely have to deal with hunting in places with low deer densities unless I am willing to leave the NW.

I’d like to visit with you more if you don’t mind I’ll send you a PM.
Feel free to send me a PM with any questions you have.

OP
Eastman528
It will start 1 day sooner every yr for 7 years then push back.
Deer and Elk archery are the exact same dates, unless your drawing a special tag outside the norm.

I'd look high in the rocks if they are there I think that's the only place they'll feel safe.

Thanks for the clarification. (y)

Unreal_TK

FNG
Decent unit but the deer population is very thin. As said before if you do happen to find one it will usually be a dandy. Last year I was in the unit a bunch pre season and for the rifle hunt. Spotted one hog, and a couple decent bucks.