Oregon IP13 Ballot Initiative Hunting Ban among other things

Wapiti1

WKR

I ran across a news article on this ballot initiative in Oregon. Holy Hell! There are some special people in that state (and unfortunately others).

Ban hunting, almost all animal husbandry practices in common use, and even frowning at a cat that just scratched you. You must ask the cat's permission to exist in it's home and apologize for being such a poor excuse for a caretaker. Artificial insemination would be defined as sexual assault. But Wait There's More!!! I'll let you read the site, it's fun reading.

No idea if this has any traction in the state, but I hope there is some sanity left there.

Jeremy

God I love Oregon. But relax, fellas.

Here’s how I see this going down:
If this gets enough signatures to make it on the statewide ballot (which I doubt, because COVID is crushing these types of signature-gathering efforts), every ag lobbying group in the country will pour money into our state to keep it from passing because of the example it would set. If it somehow passes despite that, our legislature (which is actually quite responsive to the ag and timber industries) will almost certainly repeal it or significantly restrict its reach. This is what happened after some local jurisdictions restricted GMOs here recently. Not to discourage anyone from taking action to oppose this; I just don’t see it going anywhere. Wishful thinking perhaps.

Njscholz6

FNG

I ran across a news article on this ballot initiative in Oregon. Holy Hell! There are some special people in that state (and unfortunately others).

Ban hunting, almost all animal husbandry practices in common use, and even frowning at a cat that just scratched you. You must ask the cat's permission to exist in it's home and apologize for being such a poor excuse for a caretaker. Artificial insemination would be defined as sexual assault. But Wait There's More!!! I'll let you read the site, it's fun reading.

No idea if this has any traction in the state, but I hope there is some sanity left there.

Jeremy
I don’t think it will ever pass but the fact that it is there is scary.

OP
W

Wapiti1

WKR
I don't think it has a snowballs chance of passing. This time. And that is the problem. Introduce a far reaching farce and see what parts do gain traction. Then work them into law. Introduce the crazy again, rinse and repeat until you do move the needle.

There are many examples of this. CRT is one that simmered until folks started to believe it. Lead ban for ammo in Cali. In a few years we'll be staring down the Flat Earth Movement too.

Jeremy

Reactions: WRM

Bobbyboe

WKR
I don't think it has a snowballs chance of passing. This time. And that is the problem. Introduce a far reaching farce and see what parts do gain traction. Then work them into law. Introduce the crazy again, rinse and repeat until you do move the needle.

There are many examples of this. CRT is one that simmered until folks started to believe it. Lead ban for ammo in Cali. In a few years we'll be staring down the Flat Earth Movement too.

Jeremy
Another example is certain residents, Buzz, of Wyoming trying to reduce non resident tags. Keep pushing, eventually it’ll go through. It’s the liberal way.

It’s sad that small groups can change and morph laws over time with brute force. The majority just sits on their hands until it’s too late.

Can someone verify this? Seems to be legit from where I found the info. Looks like it’s coming up in 2022. How convenient that you can “print” this off and vote. Lol. Because that’s secure, right?

789e641abbb3400716c7f11e6d9bb936.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bsnedeker

WKR
This is a petition to get something on the ballot, not something anyone is voting on. Not even Oregon is this crazy.

wapitibob

WKR
Lots of bad info, mostly from people that have no idea what they're talking about. Anybody saying you can print that and vote is one of them.

It's simply an Initiative Petition signature sheet. In this state anybody can create and submit an I P to the State, and once approved, begin collecting signatures. Once the required signatures are verified, it can then be added to the ballot. Same as Colorado and Wolf introduction.

This IP is a long long way from being on the ballot, pretty much click bait at this point.

Laramie

WKR
I bet it reaches the ballot. Oregon is far left at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is a stretch though. A good percentage of the far left population still eats animals. It doesn't have a prayer of reaching the ballot in this form.

Sounds like you guys need a state constitutional amendment protecting hunting/fishing and husbandry of animals. Maybe someone should start a petition???

I'm Thankful that Nebraska has a constitutional amendment protecting hunting and setting it as our primary means of wildlife control. A past Governor even cited it as his reason for vetoing a Ban on mountain lion hunting!

mm509

FNG
The damn west coast, always trying to one up one another!! If this passes through Oregon, surely it will happen in Washington and Idaho!!