Oregon IP13 Ballot Initiative Hunting Ban among other things

The Fruit Loop State.
Damn.
if you avoid any of the big cities, this state is awesome minus the politics..... get east of the cascades, avoid the bigger cities, and you will meet some of the coolest, most level, hard working folks... the west side still has a lot of unsavory people mixed in.

over east, it's very conservative minded, real people.... don't meet many outliers

it's unfortunate that the big cities are the voting voice, but they don't represent most of the state.... such a high potential state if you got rid of about 5 cities

Okhotnik

WKR
Anybody can start an initiative petition and for just about anything.
This one isn’t worth worrying about as mentioned.
Hows the bear and cat hunting with initiative dogs go? I hadn't heard in awhile. Still legal in Oregon?

I just heard a joke about Oregon legalizing meth fent and heroin

JeffP_Or

WKR
Hows the bear and cat hunting with initiative dogs go? I hadn't heard in awhile. Still legal in Oregon?
Haven't been able to use hounds for mountain lion or hounds or bait bears since 1994; none of the initiatives overturn have gone anywhere. So no hounds for cats/bears and no baiting for bears.

I just heard a joke about Oregon legalizing meth fent and heroin
If you are talking about Measure 110 from 2020 - it is not a joke. It is not really working out either [another one of those "here is an idea, let's not think it through and go ahead and implement it without having any of the provisions in place to address the ramifications" type of deals] and IMO it has attracted the dregs to the state.

I also agree with @roosiebull - eastern Oregon and even smaller communities on the wetside are great and reflect the history of the state better than those who have brought out of area ideals into the metro areas - same thing as many other western states.

Ehunter

FNG
This a state that voted in a gov with 7 counties and 26 voted against her. 110 has turned the cities into homeless dumps. Bend is not far behind and is going lib. I know I live here. It may not pass but just like 114 they just keep hammering this crap hoping to wear people down. If it gets on a ballot watch how it will be written.