Oregon mountain rifle tikka upgrade

Maybe you did but if you do a search there is at least one thread out there on these guys. It may be under OMR.

didnt do this to mine but I did buy a bottom metal and an AG composite stock from them, and they where great to deal with, very good customer service stock was delivered on time as well as the bottom metal. A++ for OMRifles

tikka t3 superlite
ag carbon fiber stock
timney trigger
OMrifles CNC'd Bottom metal
APA "the answer" Muzzle brake
area 419 20 moa rail
zeiss scope rings
zeiss v4 6-24x50
Final weight with scope 7 lbs 14.1 oz20200704_034115.jpg

Last edited:

khuber84

WKR
Looking for any first hand experience. Thinking about doing the tikka upgrade after season this year.
I'd personally go with Hells Canyon Armory. No knocks against OMR, but Mike is a fantastic gunsmith and a Tikka guru. His benchmark carbon barrels are some the best I have, and I have almost all the big brand names.

OP
O
didnt do this to mine but I did buy a bottom metal and an AG composite stock from them, and they where great to deal with, very good customer service stock was delivered on time as well as the bottom metal. A++ for OMRifles

tikka t3 superlite
ag carbon fiber stock
timney trigger
area 419 20 moa rail
zeiss scope rings
zeiss v4 6-24x50
Final weight with scope 7 lbs 14.1 ozView attachment 215407
How is your cheek weld with the AG stock and rail?

I'd personally go with Hells Canyon Armory. No knocks against OMR, but Mike is a fantastic gunsmith and a Tikka guru. His benchmark carbon barrels are some the best I have, and I have almost all the big brand names.
I’m kinda hoping OP goes with OMR - everyone knows how good HCA is, it would be nice to see what OMR is all about as well.

snowtoy83

Lil-Rokslider
I am very close to moving forward with it. Waiting for rifle season to be over then gotta decide what stock. I’m thinking 22” 300wsm.

I have a Tikka upgrade underway with OMR. I have never customized anything on a rifle, so this is a new experience for me, and the first time I've had an interest in long range shooting - so I had a lot of questions.
Lee (owner of OMR) has been really helpful in guiding me on my upgrade choices. He is always quick to respond to an email or phone call; customer service has been great. I'll let you all know how the rifle turns out.

7mm Rem Mag
AG Alpine Hunter Stock
OMR carbon barrel 1:8 twist
Cerakote finish
Muzzle break and thread protector
20MOA rail
Fluted Bolt

I’m kinda hoping OP goes with OMR - everyone knows how good HCA is, it would be nice to see what OMR is all about as well.

I am very close to moving forward with it. Waiting for rifle season to be over then gotta decide what stock. I’m thinking 22” 300wsm.
I bought an OMR barrel last year and it straight up sucked!
Copper fouling was stupid, as was the accuracy

catsfan20

FNG
I have a Tikka upgrade underway with OMR. I have never customized anything on a rifle, so this is a new experience for me, and the first time I've had an interest in long range shooting - so I had a lot of questions.
Lee (owner of OMR) has been really helpful in guiding me on my upgrade choices. He is always quick to respond to an email or phone call; customer service has been great. I'll let you all know how the rifle turns out.

7mm Rem Mag
AG Alpine Hunter Stock
OMR carbon barrel 1:8 twist
Cerakote finish
Muzzle break and thread protector
20MOA rail
Fluted Bolt
How did this build turn out? I am debating on having something very similar done in .308. They were definitely quick to respond to my initial email.

How did this build turn out? I am debating on having something very similar done in .308. They were definitely quick to respond to my initial email.
I'm happy with it. This is the first time I have customized anything on a rifle, so I don't have much for comparison.

Life has been busy lately so I haven't shot it as much as I would like. Sadly, I have been to the range twice with it, and have 70 rounds down the tube. I shot factory ELDx and some LRx and ABLR hand loads from Unknown Munitions. The factory ELDx's actually shot the best, with a maximum 0.8 moa group size, shooting at 100 and 400 yds. Best group at 400 was 0.2 moa.
Just this last week, I was able to get all the reloading supplies for the 7mm, so a friend is developing a load for me with some Hammer Hunters. Looking forward to seeing what sort of accuracy I can get out of the rifle.

The fit and feel of the rifle is great. The AG stock is really nice. The balance of the rifle is different than my stock rifles. The weight on the gun is more forward, which seemed weird to me at first. But, its really nice to shoot, and there is very little muzzle jump. I could consistenly spot impacts at 400yds.

Bare rifle is 7pounds 8oz. I could have made it lighter with a smaller muzzle thread size, eliminating to MOA rail and going with a titanium break.

Nothing but good things to say about Lee. He is straightforward, honest, and knowledgeable. He also delivered my rifle on time. I would not hesitate to do buisness with him again.

catsfan20

FNG
I'm happy with it. This is the first time I have customized anything on a rifle, so I don't have much for comparison.

Life has been busy lately so I haven't shot it as much as I would like. Sadly, I have been to the range twice with it, and have 70 rounds down the tube. I shot factory ELDx and some LRx and ABLR hand loads from Unknown Munitions. The factory ELDx's actually shot the best, with a maximum 0.8 moa group size, shooting at 100 and 400 yds. Best group at 400 was 0.2 moa.
Just this last week, I was able to get all the reloading supplies for the 7mm, so a friend is developing a load for me with some Hammer Hunters. Looking forward to seeing what sort of accuracy I can get out of the rifle.

The fit and feel of the rifle is great. The AG stock is really nice. The balance of the rifle is different than my stock rifles. The weight on the gun is more forward, which seemed weird to me at first. But, its really nice to shoot, and there is very little muzzle jump. I could consistenly spot impacts at 400yds.

Bare rifle is 7pounds 8oz. I could have made it lighter with a smaller muzzle thread size, eliminating to MOA rail and going with a titanium break.

Nothing but good things to say about Lee. He is straightforward, honest, and knowledgeable. He also delivered my rifle on time. I would not hesitate to do buisness with him again.
Good to hear. Some
Of the reviews on here have me a little anxious to pull the trigger, but I’m leaning that way for sure.

Good to hear. Some
Of the reviews on here have me a little anxious to pull the trigger, but I’m leaning that way for sure.
Here's my hard learned advice, don't do it!
OMR claims to use a high quality match grade blank but they refuse to disclose the maker.
I stupidly took Lee's word for it even though alarms were going off in my head.
After seeing how poorly it shot I asked my smith how the barrel looked, he said it literally bowed in two different directions and had bad tooling marks in the bore.

Do yourself a favor and spend a little more on a high quality barrel with a proven track record.
I replaced the OMR with a spiral fluted #5 Rock Creek barrel that shoots bug holes, FWIW it only weighs 3lbs at 24".
If you really want CF go with a Bartlein, Proof, HCA, or Paradigm

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"

tikka t3 superlite
ag carbon fiber stock
timney trigger
area 419 20 moa rail
zeiss scope rings
zeiss v4 6-24x50

Does the bottom metal take factory magazines or is it an AICS thing? I got a mountain tactical bottom metal and I like it but I want to switch to an AICS magazine.

catsfan20

FNG

tikka t3 superlite
ag carbon fiber stock
timney trigger
area 419 20 moa rail
zeiss scope rings
zeiss v4 6-24x50
Where did you send the superlite barrel to get threaded? A superlite 308 is my starting point.