Oregon Rifle Season Dates

When I lived in Eastern Oregon, I always figured the average muley rifle season dates were always rolling from the last Saturday in Sept. and went for 9 days. I was just looking again and was curious - did they change that structure to the first Sat. in October and tacked on 3 days to give folks more hunting days but in a tougher timeframe?

I know it's been at least one season of those new dates, I just never thought to ask about it. I'm scheming up some hunts with family in the future so was just wondering for planning purposes if it would ever roll significantly later or earlier in the next few years.

No. It always opens on a Saturday but creeps forward a day every 4-5 years and then bounces back. This year it bounced back so this is the latest the season will ever be. It will open one day earlier next year.

OP
Jaden Bales
No. It always opens on a Saturday but creeps forward a day every 4-5 years and then bounces back. This year it bounced back so this is the latest the season will ever be. It will open one day earlier next year.
Ohhhh. Gotcha! So it'll be Oct. 1 next year, Sept. 29, Sept. 28, then go back the other direction huh?