Oregon spring bear

Oregon

WKR
🤣😂🤣 “not fanatically but at least 3-4 times per week” 🤣😂🤣
I duck hunt everyday, well 81 out of 107. Big game hunts took up 10 of those days and a fishing trip to Mexico another 6. My wife calls that fanatic! Me hunting bears only 3-4 days a week is taking it easy according to her.
My least favorite part of bear hunting is late nights. If I wouldn’t get home between 2100-2130 each night I’d go more. Its nice the bonus is we eat dinner at 1700 and I leave right after dinner. As long as I keep having dinner on the table right when she gets home from work, I’m golden!

Pdzoller

WKR
I have a ten day trip planned in the Kalmiopsis. Never been there but the area looks great from google earth. Usually we hunt the cascades but I wanted to see some new country.

Things are greening up on the coast
went out to lay eyes on some new areas Saturday and seen the same green up in the bottoms. Also seen that roseberg timber had their main gates open which I haven’t seen in the last 2 years of elk hunting. So I ended up driving around allot of the units I have marked on onX to check out but hadn’t yet. anyone know why they allow access 10-15—-3-31. But then close the gates again right before spring bear?

Attachments

• F79B6468-07E1-4443-8F01-EDA12EA59178.jpeg
    F79B6468-07E1-4443-8F01-EDA12EA59178.jpeg
    408.8 KB · Views: 20
I have a ten day trip planned in the Kalmiopsis. Never been there but the area looks great from google earth. Usually we hunt the cascades but I wanted to see some new country.
Kamiopsis has a lot of moonscape where the fires were super hot. Trails were not maintained and other than a new TH sign, overgrown with vegetation, bridges burnt with no way to cross rivers, after hiking several miles in and having to turn around. Otherwise it was nice😂

slick

WKR

I’d plan on multiple 2-3 day trips rather than one long one. Unless you have a couple vehicles handy to keep on opposite ends.

Lots of moonscape worthless stuff to be in.

Pockets of incredible opportunity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dalth22

FNG
heck yeah!!! i love that country, and lots of bear and lots of color phase.... and turkey, and morels...
We Turkey hunt up there but have never hunted bear there. Focusing in more on the north side of the unit for the bear I’m thinking.

Good luck. Maybe I'll see you from the other side of the Ronde!
I’ll keep my binos up! You hunting sled?

We Turkey hunt up there but have never hunted bear there. Focusing in more on the north side of the unit for the bear I’m thinking.

I’ll keep my binos up! You hunting sled?
you'll have fun, lots of country to look at. we found bear on the snow line, and we found bear in the lower hancock land.... i think ideally, hunt turkey in the morning and bear in the evening.... morels mid day ;)

we did see a fair amount of bear in the morning, later in the season.... but early on (when turkeys were gobbling good) it was an evening show. i really want to draw that tag, but i'm unwilling to give up hunting local to do it, so i just have to wait for friends to draw and go with them.

weneha is a pretty special place in general.

lintond

WKR
i hunted Mt Emily last year and had a good time. lot of snow drifts to get through where i was though.
this year the wife should draw a coast tag so looking foward to a new unit to tryout that a few hrs closer to home. hoping to tag along with a couple friends that will have a SW tag and a snake tag.

sure is nice being out in the spring, everything is GREEN!!!!
What time of the season did you end up hunting last year? Trying to decide when I need to take off from work to head over this year for Mt Emily.