Oregon spring bear

DRUSS

WKR
I went 3 times did 4 day weekends essentially. Last weekend in April and 2nd ,3rd weekends of May. Snow drifts limited access. Sounding like little more snow than last year over there currently. And there was a lot of recreational campers!

taybou

FNG
No bears seen for me this weekend, but a little sign in the right places. I was a little surprised by how crunching things were, a few roads I checked almost didn't seem huntable as a result, and no rain in the forecast.

Batch

FNG
There is still quite alot of snow. Most forest service roads will be impassable without 4wheeler/snowmobile. I live in Milton freewater. Had the tag last year and hunted the lower Hancock ground

Scouted up a new spot with promise this winter and had a first visit to it few weeks ago that turned up a herd of elk and some deer but no bear or bear sign. Spot has a crappy little obscure road thats like 5 miles long and only leads to a locked gate. You have to hike 3 miles and 700’ elevation to get there all things that keep the pressure down and me thinking it’s going to be good. Went in Friday night and there were 2x 6-8’ reprod trees knocked down about 10 stumps and logs torn up and a few rocks flipped over all on the bottom 1/3 of the mt close to the big timber they left in the bottom when they logged this cut 5ish years ago. Watched it for about 1.5 hours Friday night only saw 3 deer. Saturday morning watched it from about 8-10 then 1230-230 and again from 530 till 8 and only the 3 deer i hike around while not watching it to check some other stuff. Checked it again this morning for an hour before heading home and nothing. Now I’m trying to figure out weather i spend more time there or go to some of the other places I’ve hunted in the past. Ugh. Anyone having any luck?

Ravenk

FNG
The SW tag is a good one to have and i’ve had pretty decent success with that one.

Anyone out to see what the green up is looking like up in NE?
I’m in weneha now, lower elevation is greening up nice, still snow on top. I came over last week too, and when I headed out I took 204 home... I couldn’t even see balloon tree... the sign is there, but no sign of the road at all, snow was probably 3’ deep up on top.

the lower elevation is pretty wide open, but it doesn’t take much elevation and you are in snow drifts

little worse than last year this time. I’m not bear hunting (turkey) but I have seen some bear sign but no bear. I’m hunting around 3k elevation and some spots are looking good for bear.... I think if I was looking, I could glass one up

I've been out in Hood/White river about 4-5x but nothing no sign yet. I'm new to bear hunting particularly in spring, I chose this tag cuz it's easy to get and i work in hood river so i can go after work. Lots of snow up high and dry down low in the sds/county land. working hard and covering lots of ground. Good luck to all of you

NickLeb

FNG
How’s everyone been doing with a SW Oregon tag? Curious to know what everyone has been seeing as far as pressure goes. Up to this point I haven’t seen anymore folks out than normal. I don’t know where all those extra tag holders are at but I haven’t seen them...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got back from a weekend jaunt down past Coos Bay. First Two gates I’ve previously hunted have new signs saying no trespassing due to recreational lease🙄😩.Last weekend they were doing logging on the road system i was planning on hunting so that sucked. This is one of the most frustrating things for me. Having plans and then getting there and having the door slammed in my face with no way to know before driving 2-3 hours. Sometimes there’s already a truck parked at the gate i want. Just reinforces why you need to have 1/2 dozen plans i guess. Any way my 3rd choice was several medium size s facing cuts of different ages with water in the bottom glasses it for about 1.5 hours then turned around to glass a couple little steep rocky slopes covered in grass i could see about a mile away and could see a bear before pulling up my binos. Watched him for a few minutes and made a plan on how to drive around to get closer. Took about 45 minutes to drive all the way around and by that time the wind and rain had set in. Hiked down to about 500 yards which was as close as i could get and still have a vantage due to the thick reprod. Hung out for a few hours in the pouring rain and crazy wind before deciding to leave. Spent the rest of the saturday and today trying to find some more spots. Weather wasn’t very cooperative this weekend. Hope others are having better luck.

Oregon

WKR
Haven’t even gone yet. Good rain this past few days. Warming next week.
Bear will die in next 10 days. Marathon, not a Sprint.

Blacktailaddiction

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve hunted 4 evenings by reedsport area ish and am really struggling to be honest. I haven’t found any cuts that allow just walk in access it’s either no access at all without a permit, or you can drive all the way. Every time I park a ways before the cut and hike in and wait road hunters blaze past me at the prime time which is very frustrating. Have only hunted on Elliot state Forrest so far but am about to start looking for new spots. Haven’t found any fresh bear sign yet either which is concerning. Does anyone have any advice on the sw tag? I’m guessing I need to focus on the cuts that are gated, and allow walk ins. Good luck to everyone else!

i have not started.... spent my free time in the Blues chasing merriams. we are officially moving down south Tuesday, so i'll likely start my bear season Wed.... will be all new country to me. may do a few day backpack trip into the wilderness next week in the name of exploration and familiarizing myself with it.... don't know if there is much habitat in there, but there is only one good way to find out.

Oregon

WKR
I’ve hunted 4 evenings by reedsport area ish and am really struggling to be honest. I haven’t found any cuts that allow just walk in access it’s either no access at all without a permit, or you can drive all the way. Every time I park a ways before the cut and hike in and wait road hunters blaze past me at the prime time which is very frustrating. Have only hunted on Elliot state Forrest so far but am about to start looking for new spots. Haven’t found any fresh bear sign yet either which is concerning. Does anyone have any advice on the sw tag? I’m guessing I need to focus on the cuts that are gated, and allow walk ins. Good luck to everyone else!
I’ve found bears don’t like vehicles. They are there, but they go nocturnal quick with the sound of gravel getting crunched.
Look up the Smith, up by Scottsburg or even down 5 mile rd. Drive around looking for gates. Google earth how far and where the cuts are.
I’m thinking this Thursday is when I finally get on them.

Is any one familiar with badger creek wilderness or Mt Hood area? Not asking for secret spots but tips maybe? Looks like the mid elevation is starting to get some grass and forbs but not full yet. I feel like there's got to be a few bears awake by now. Still haven't even found scat. This aggression will not stand man. Hope yuns are doing better than I am