Oregon Wenaha Bow Tag

After 23 years of trying, I finally drew the coveted Wenaha archery tag. This is a long shot but I'm wondering if anyone else on here drew the tag? If so would you want to team up? My hunting regular hunting buddies will try to assist but they have other unit tags of their own. I have a videographer/buddy following me September 12 - 16th.

CC11

Lil-Rokslider
Good luck I hope you've gotten some homework accomplished! That's probably the funnest/best archery elk tag to have in Oregon

Bachto

WKR
Depending on when you go I wouldn't be against helping you out calling and such. I live in Eastern WA and have hunted the Wenaha in Washington and am VERY familiar with hunting the Umatilla bulls just a little north of you lol. PS I have pack goats I can bring to help if you get a Bull down lol.

OP
V
Bachto - Thank you! That's very generous of you. I'm your southern neighbor in Hermiston. Send me a PM with your email address and maybe I can pick your brain.

CC11 - I've been doing a lot of homework and gathering intel on the unit. Next week I'm spending 7 days scouting.

you are in for an awesome hunt... i personally think the first week is the best week for that tag, but i also understand people want to go hunt later when it's rut chaos.... those big bulls are just so predictable early on, and no distractions, no extra eyes, ears and noses to bust you, and they are very patternable. i spend as much time as i can justify in that country, i love it over there, and it may not be what it used to, it's still amazing elk hunting with age class and genetics.

if i ever draw that tag, i'm rolling solo, finding a bull i like, and ambush him the first week