Organized Alaskan Caribou Flight Service/Transporter/Drop Camp Thread

cfdjay

WKR
As I get into the rabbit hole of booking my 2024 Caribou hunt, it seems that there is no single thread for Transporter/Drop Camp reviews. I'm assuming there's many others in the same boat as myself and with so much time and money invested the wrong choice would be pretty rough. I'm hoping that those who have done this hunt and used these services, say in the last 3 years can post up:

1) Who you used
2) Pros/Cons of your Transporter
3) Would you recommend
4) Overall experience

Yes, I have sifted through the threads, piecing together the one liner (I would never) etc. I'm hoping to find something a little more informative and recent.

And if I can ever repay the favor with first hand knowledge of an experience a fellow outdoorsman is asking about, I'll be happy to post up.

Thanks everyone!

TodOz

FNG
As I get into the rabbit hole of booking my 2024 Caribou hunt, it seems that there is no single thread for Transporter/Drop Camp reviews. I'm assuming there's many others in the same boat as myself and with so much time and money invested the wrong choice would be pretty rough. I'm hoping that those who have done this hunt and used these services, say in the last 3 years can post up:

1) Who you used
2) Pros/Cons of your Transporter
3) Would you recommend
4) Overall experience

Yes, I have sifted through the threads, piecing together the one liner (I would never) etc. I'm hoping to find something a little more informative and recent.

And if I can ever repay the favor with first hand knowledge of an experience a fellow outdoorsman is asking about, I'll be happy to post up.

Thanks everyone!
I'm pretty sure I saw a thread where someone did a lot of this analysis and had it in a spreadsheet. Not sure if they would share in the open though or just via PM. I think you kind of want to be careful to keep it to an objective comparison if possible.

snvts82

FNG
Following! Also trying to get on the books for 24. What’s everyone’s thoughts on maximum hunter/camp size?

MNGaryB

FNG
There are dozens of these threads! Heck I even added one this past winter! It may take you more than a 2 minute search but they are here

VernAK

WKR
Keep in mind that hunter's expectations vary a great deal.

Others have made statements on this site regarding certain pilots and how skilled they are and how they'd fly with them to the moon etc. If they actually knew the history of that pilot and business operation, they'd reconsider their selection. For sure, the wife would disapprove.

If a flight service is soliciting hunter business, there is most likely a reason. Check it out.