WTS Osprey Kestrel 32 Day Pack - $80 OBO

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
FOR SALE - Osprey Kestrel 32 pack

Asking $80

Purchased from REI in April 2017 for $120; it is covered under Osprey's "any pack, any era, any reason" transferrable lifetime warranty.

This is an excellent pack that will last you a lifetime. It has been with me for easily more than a thousand miles of day hiking, and I've even used it on the occasional summer UL overnight trip. Since 2017 it has also been my standard airline travel bag, as it fits neatly into the overhead bins on all US domestic airlines, even when packed to the brim.

After thousands of miles and years of abuse, the only flaws are some fraying of the outside stretch pocket (visible in the photos) and some missing plastic on the hipbelt main buckle - neither of which affect the function of the pack. The stretch pocket still holds tiny items and the hipbelt buckle has never once come loose on me (and I wear my hipbelts TIGHT).

Personally, this pack comfortably carries up to about 30 lbs, and semi-comfortably carries up to 50. It's quite difficult to get 50lbs of gear into a 32L pack, but I've done it occasionally with camera gear.

Some of my favorite features:
  1. Clamshell opening on main compartment
  2. Side compression straps can be used across the back of the pack to carry snowshoes, snowboards, etc.
  3. Hipbelt pockets are big enough for smaller format cell phones. My iPhone XR barely doesn't fit, but my wife's new iPhone 12 mini fits just fine.
  4. Key holder in top accessory pocket
  5. Ice axe holder works great for a piolet, an ice tool, or two trekking poles.
  6. Fits in all US domestic carry-on overhead bins (I've personally used it on Alaska, Delta, American, United, and Southwest).
  7. Hydration sleeve fits up to 3L reservoirs.
  8. Outside stretch pocket perfectly fits a BD Deploy 3 snow shovel
  9. Dual daisy chains on back panel make lashing on extra gear very easy
  10. Integrated rain cover (this should be legally required on all packs forever)

Quite honestly, I'd keep this pack forever but my style of outdoorsing has become more technical over the past couple years, and I'm moving to the Osprey Mutant 38 so I can more easily carry a rope and other climbing hardware.

Attachments

• IMG_4172.jpg
    IMG_4172.jpg
    640.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4173.jpg
    IMG_4173.jpg
    444.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4174.jpg
    IMG_4174.jpg
    445.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4175.jpg
    IMG_4175.jpg