Ostrich anyone ?

Drenalin

WKR
I had some ostrich once a long time ago; it was really really good. I'd love to get my hands on some more!

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
THere was a brewery where I went to college that had a ostrich berger on the menu, it was pretty awful if I remember correctly. The Australians can keep those things.

wyosteve

WKR
I tried a sample of ostrich salami at the Stock Show in Rapid City years ago. I had to spit it out--awful!!

Kenn

Lil-Rokslider
Ostrich steaks rival a tenderloin. I've had them several times in South Africa and if done correctly they are very good.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I had ostrich probably 20+ years ago and can't remember "not" liking it. So it must have been decent. But I haven't found many meats that I won't eat or don't like.

Kenn

Lil-Rokslider
The odd thing about ostrich is it's nothing like chicken or turkey. I think most people would believe it was beef.

Kenn

Lil-Rokslider
Challenging to crack and even more chalenging to eat. Eat them for the adventure, not the taste. They are about about the same size as 18 chicken eggs.

OP
O

Opah

WKR
You don't crack an ostrich egg, poke a hole at each end and a gentle puff of air and it will come out and not break the yoke !
Had on 4 /5 years ago, purchased it in arizona on the way to Tucson , we baked, scrambled, bioled, fried the think and still did not get it all eaten.
It was lighter than chicken eggs and used in baking was fantastic. Now I would love to try the Bird, guess I got to get that Tongue taco first. Weird I guess once you cross the 60 year mark you get to thinking how much you still have yet to Taste, touch, do.