Ot-6 Anyone?

This year I've got my feet in several fires. Typically I hunt with a bow and only apply for archery hunts. Between NM and CO, I did not draw anything. But first and foremost, I am a hunter. Lucky for me I can do OTC CO archery elk and AZ OTC archery for deer. I started looking at other options and was able to buy a LO cow elk rifle tag for December, and an antelope rifle next month if I want it. My question is what round are y'all using for a big fat juicy 5 year old cow elk with a 30.06? Been years since I rifle hunted.

BFR

WKR
If you’re reloading I’ve found 58.9 gr of IMR4831 & 165 gr Sierra boattails very effective. Remington 165 gr factory is close ballistically. Been told by the magnum crowd it’s not enough gun and the heavy bullet crowd it’s too light. Between my wife, myself and around 50 elk never had one go more then 20 yds. Last one my wife shot was 600+ yds and broke both shoulders so it works for me. Just learn your bullet drop at different ranges and put it in the boiler room.

Getting good results out of 57.5 grain's of H4350 and a 165 NAB for 2900 fps with a Rem 91/2 primer with a 23 inch barrel and no pressure sign's , should do for most anything thin skin , if big nasty Game switch to Partition's,keep it simple , you'l save a lot of money but may not have as much Fun ?

OXN939

WKR
This year I've got my feet in several fires. Typically I hunt with a bow and only apply for archery hunts. Between NM and CO, I did not draw anything. But first and foremost, I am a hunter. Lucky for me I can do OTC CO archery elk and AZ OTC archery for deer. I started looking at other options and was able to buy a LO cow elk rifle tag for December, and an antelope rifle next month if I want it. My question is what round are y'all using for a big fat juicy 5 year old cow elk with a 30.06? Been years since I rifle hunted.

150 TTSX. Tougher than anything mentioned, 100% weight retention, and super accurate out of most rifles... but most importantly, since you're shooting a cow, it won't leave lead dust in your food.