OTC ID tags

Will OTC tags be available again this year on December 1 for Idaho? I have searched their site through and through and have not been able to confirm.

I know they went on sale last year Dec. 1. Can anyone confirm? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
SouthernPoint
It’s been Dec 1 for over 20 years I believe. Doubt they change it this late in the game.

Gotcha. Just wasn’t sure. I know they changed it up for quotes per unit last year so tags can be hard to get it not purchased early.

I was just checking out all of this tonight. Looking at buying a tag. Hopefully the one I want doesn’t sell out before I can get one. What’s some of your guys’ experience with this? I’m guessing you gotta be quick to the draw.

LONE HUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
I was just checking out all of this tonight. Looking at buying a tag. Hopefully the one I want doesn’t sell out before I can get one. What’s some of your guys’ experience with this? I’m guessing you gotta be quick to the draw.

They assign you a random number and that’s the order you get to buy a tag in. The system usually crashes while you are trying to check out etc. it’s not a smooth process

Last edited:
They assign you a random number and that’s the order you get to buy a tag in. The system usually crashes while you are trying to check out etc. it’s not a smooth process

That’s what I was thinking would probably happen. Well, might as well give it a try.

jimmy33

WKR
You could just go to Colorado if Idaho doesn’t work out. I hear there’s an elk in every meadow there and the weather is beautiful. Everyone who normally comes to Idaho should go there.

Yep…that!

OP
SouthernPoint
You could just go to Colorado if Idaho doesn’t work out. I hear there’s an elk in every meadow there and the weather is beautiful. Everyone who normally comes to Idaho should go there.

Going after mule deer. I’m from Florida, so the mule deer are fine and y’all just get my hard earned money and I get to enjoy the sights and sounds. I’ll just be hiking with a gun and in camo.

svivian

WKR
You must be misinformed.... we traded you guys wolves for half of our elk population so you have our elk now. I highly recommend anyone to go to Idaho now for all their elk and mule deer hunting needs. 😂

jedi

FNG
Will OTC tags be available again this year on December 1 for Idaho? I have searched their site through and through and have not been able to confirm.

I know they went on sale last year Dec. 1. Can anyone confirm? Thanks in advance.

just be prepared for a disaster. tags go quick, especially elk tags.