OTC late season meat hunt?

Craig4791

WKR
Anybody know of any good whitetail states that I could go in the late season to get a couple meat does on public land OTC?

JNDEER

WKR
GA you can shoot a crap ton, but i think their season is already closed.

Slim Jim

WKR
You can hunt white tail OTC in AZ during the whole month of January. It is any antlered deer though not doe if that matters

You can hunt Missouri till January 15th with a bow. Shoot me a PM if you are interested and i may be able to help you with some decent public land.

Shrek

WKR
Georgia closes on the 15th of January in the southern zone but no good public land open. Alabama goes until the end of january . Florida goes until February 17th in the nw zone. Bucks only in Florida late but after February 5th it is muzzle loader and bow only. Lots of public land and the rut will still be on. For the money an Alabama plantation hunt is hard to beat. Usually two does and a buck for under a grand can be found. In Alabama you can usually kill all three no problem if you are not too picky about the buck. Florida is tough hunting.
I think the Alabama limit is two bucks and three doe's unless it has changed. The rut is at it's peak mid January in southern Alabama and north Florida.

Last edited:
OP
Craig4791

Craig4791

WKR
You can hunt white tail OTC in AZ during the whole month of January. It is any antlered deer though not doe if that matters

Just got back from Az Jim. My hunting partner killed a nice Coues and I made a few stalks on bucks. I will def be goo g back.

Just looking for a doe meat hunt really to keep the freezer full and have some late season fun.

Thanks for the replies guys keep them coming.

Shrek

WKR
GA you can shoot a crap ton, but i think their season is already closed.

2 bucks and 10 doe's. You print you own harvest record so its basically an honor system. Instead of print 1 you can print as many as you feel. There is no real limit on deer in Georgia. There is also almost no public land .

JNDEER

WKR
2 bucks and 10 doe's. You print you own harvest record so its basically an honor system. Instead of print 1 you can print as many as you feel. There is no real limit on deer in Georgia. There is also almost no public land .

I hunted some, but a tree stand is a must. Hunting from the ground with no ground blind is a challenge.

Shrek

WKR
I hunted some, but a tree stand is a must. Hunting from the ground with no ground blind is a challenge.
From the ground without a blind is a challenge is an understatement ! A treestand is a must. Even in a treestand they will bust you. Older bucks and does check the trees around here.

OP
Craig4791

Craig4791

WKR
Did some research today and Alabama and Arkansas look the best.

You can hunt till February 28th in Arkansas. Seems to be a decent amount of public land here as well.

Might end up just going back to the same place in AZ the third week of January to give Coues another shot. Saw a few real good bucks there just a matter of out smarting one!