OTC Mule Deer AZ August

Glasshole

FNG
New guy here, already made FNG post, headed up north today after work. Planned this a few months ago to finally check my elk cam after it being up there for roughly 8 months. Finding out that its opening weekend, I decided to bring my bow for a walk in the woods and make a weekend out of it. I set up my camera a month or so before my late elk hunt but between snow, logging, fire and life I wasn't able to get to it till now. I will be hiking in under headlamp and checking camera tonight, rest of the weekend is glassing/hunting. I have decent service in the mountains and will update as I go.

Rocking a Seek Outside pack, big agnes pad, teton sports "5 degree bag", and no name tarp.IMG_4946.jpgIMG_4947.jpgIMG_4951.jpgIMG_5271.jpg

Be ready for hot and Misquitos,Bring plenty of water and insect repellant.
I purchased an inexpensive head net years ago.It's a real lifesaver.
Good Luck. :cool:

OP
G

Glasshole

FNG
Well I had a major turn of events. I made it to the base of the mountain at about 6pm last night, hopped out of the truck and immediately saw 4 bucks. Sweet! This is going to be a good trip. Got my pack settled, bladders filled, broadheads on, OnX tracking etc...
I hiked from 8.2k up to 10k in .84 miles. I pushed myself way too hard. The stomach bug, from Wednesday, that I thought was gone came back and threw a party. I ditched my pack 3/4 up and booked it for my camera. It was dark as dark can be. I was also being harassed by a green laser from the city, as they saw my headlamp zigzagging up the side of the mountain. Second time that’s happened. I have some 1400 pictures to go through this morning. I made the call to head back into town as the nausea is debilitating. So I guess this wasn’t a hunt after all, but I need to get my self better so can chase some of the bucks I saw. Between the the bucks I initially saw and the sporadic groups at different elevations, I need to get back there.

B1A097B1-589E-492A-A377-3D4DBD1B8925.jpegAF984F7C-167F-4AB8-B10E-8B794FC5C4B6.jpeg8EF3BAF5-901A-47C1-A657-4DFD2EE405E9.jpeg

Last edited: