Ouch... Just bought NL pure 8x42. Harness input needed

Titan34

FNG
Well Im feeling a little buyers remorse. Thanks to all the reviews and videos I watched. I went pretty deep down the rabbit hole. What will be my most comfortable easy access bino holder to wear with these binos. I am usually 20 ft up a treestand if that matters. Plan on purchasing a Vortex razor 4000 rangefinder too. Thanks in advance.

Brooks

WKR
I had a pair of 8.5x42 EL’s that fit in a Sitka bino harness great,worked really nice. Sold them and bought 12x50 EL’s much bigger than the 8.5 so I went with a Kuiu Pro....another really good bino harness for the size of the 12’s. IMO depending on the size of your binos either one of those work great. I also had a Marsupial gear but heard too much about the strong magnets they use messing up a gps . I didn’t have it long enough to decide if I really liked it or not.

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We use the Kuiu Pro Large on our rental & demo Swarovski NL’s at www.RgunsNgear.com

We also run the RRS Cynch LR tripod adapter attached on the left barrel and they still work well in the Kuiu Pro (Large) harness.

Coop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisAU

WKR
Huge fan of the Outdoor Vision harness for tree stand hunting, similar to the new Marsupial but the sides don’t block your hands getting the binos out and the lid opens forward to make an excellent little storage area. My phone sits in it perfect.

TBHasler

WKR
Huge fan of the Outdoor Vision harness for tree stand hunting, similar to the new Marsupial but the sides don’t block your hands getting the binos out and the lid opens forward to make an excellent little storage area. My phone sits in it perfect.

This...I use 8x42s as my go to and have the small OV harness. They fit perfectly and one hand operation is great

I also own the outdoor vision bino case and I like it, I’d recommend it also as I ran it for 2 years and really liked it. The rangefinder case they sell however (I also own) appears to be sown by a 5 year old....the quality of workmanship on it is actually pathetic. Bino harness is top notch, but if you are look for a bino harness and rangefinder setup that match my suggestion is to avoid OV. Hope that helps

ChrisAU

WKR
I also own the outdoor vision bino case and I like it, I’d recommend it also as I ran it for 2 years and really liked it. The rangefinder case they sell however (I also own) appears to be sown by a 5 year old....the quality of workmanship on it is actually pathetic. Bino harness is top notch, but if you are look for a bino harness and rangefinder setup that match my suggestion is to avoid OV. Hope that helps

Hmm I actually really like the RF holder because it only comes 3/4 of the way up or so on my RF, allowing me to grab the RF to pull it out. All the others I had tried the RF sits down in it almost flush and makes it where you have to pull it out by the lanyard or awkwardly pulling on the eyepiece.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I use a FHF harness and love it for hunting out West. However, I can’t stand wearing any harness while I’m stand hunting. I much prefer to hang my binos when I’m up a tree. It’s much more user friendly for me this way.

Well Im feeling a little buyers remorse. Thanks to all the reviews and videos I watched. I went pretty deep down the rabbit hole. What will be my most comfortable easy access bino holder to wear with these binos. I am usually 20 ft up a treestand if that matters. Plan on purchasing a Vortex razor 4000 rangefinder too. Thanks in advance.
I'm curious about your buyers remorse, is that due to the high price or is the performance not what you expected? I'm thinking about buying the NL 10x42 later this year but still wondering about the NL10x42 vs the 10x50 SV for low light situations.

Hmm I actually really like the RF holder because it only comes 3/4 of the way up or so on my RF, allowing me to grab the RF to pull it out. All the others I had tried the RF sits down in it almost flush and makes it where you have to pull it out by the lanyard or awkwardly pulling on the eyepiece.

Lol suppose it just goes to show to each there own, no right answers with this sort of thing

Q child

WKR
I've got the Alaska Guide Creations and the newest Marsupial both in small and both work well with the NLs.
Of the two...
If you live in a rainy place, go with the Alaska Guide Creations - the closure system works better for me when trying to keep them dry. I live in a rainforest, so very important for me.
If you plan on using the forehead rest, go with the Alaska Guide Creations - the AGC is a bit more of a rectangular prism, that fits the binos+forehead rest better.
If you do not live in a rainy place and plan to not use the forehead rest, go with the Marsupial. It's a little sleeker.
As far as the strap systems, I don't have a preference. Both are pretty good.

RustyHazen

Lil-Rokslider
I just got the NL Pure 10X42. I can't even describe how superior the view is on these things. It's hard to put into words. So is the price...Anyway, the fit in the regular size Outdoor Vision case is perfect. Safe and snug, but easy to get out and in one-handed, the tall focus knob sits high enough that it doesn't displace the front of the pouch like my Zeiss Victory's did. It's like it was made for it. The only problem you might have would be if you set your eyecups at the highest position.

OP
T

Titan34

FNG
I'm curious about your buyers remorse, is that due to the high price or is the performance not what you expected? I'm thinking about buying the NL 10x42 later this year but still wondering about the NL10x42 vs the 10x50 SV for low light situations.
The cost is a little hard to swallow.

Q child

WKR
The cost is a little hard to swallow.
Haha. I just realized you were the "Rolling Ball" guy from the other day. Additionally difficult to swallow when your budget started out at about half. Congrats on taking the plunge though. The NLs are better than the SLCs or the ELs. The optics are a little better than both, and the ergonomics are a lot better than both. Also, rolling ball is very minimal. I think you'll be happy.

OP
T

Titan34

FNG
Haha. I just realized you were the "Rolling Ball" guy from the other day. Additionally difficult to swallow when your budget started out at about half. Congrats on taking the plunge though. The NLs are better than the SLCs or the ELs. The optics are a little better than both, and the ergonomics are a lot better than both. Also, rolling ball is very minimal. I think you'll be happy.
Lol. Yep. Ive asked alot of questions lately. I just purchased the kuiu pro harness. From the videos and reviews it sounds perfect.