Our Wyoming adventure.

JDM57

FNG
After passing up many smaller bucks I couldn’t resist any longer.
IMG_0341.JPG

My daughter wanted a buck with character and she passed up some bigger bucks to go after this one.
IMG_0112.JPG

My son in law held out until the last and was rewarded with this really nice buck. Picture really doesn't do it justice.

IMG_0183.JPG

We had a great adventure and even had a close call with this guy.
IMG_0335.JPG

Saw 100's of bucks and a lot of beautiful country. Already looking forward to the next trip.

Last edited:

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks like you guys had an amazing time. Congratulations on some really nice bucks

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Nice job! Pretty sure you guys were driving past our camp everyday.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

hobbes

WKR
Looks like a great time except for the snake. I could do without rattlesnakes.

wytx

WKR
Heart shaped bucks are a dime a dozen, glad to see your daughter take that neat non typical one !
You left just before the snow and cold. Safe travels.

OP
J

JDM57

FNG
Heart shaped bucks are a dime a dozen, glad to see your daughter take that neat non typical one !
You left just before the snow and cold. Safe travels.
She had a chance at this "Crazy Horn" buck earlier in the week and we hesitated too long and it spooked on us. She passed on several bigger bucks and kept going back to wanting "Crazy Horn". It was fun going back several days later and glassing him up and making a successful stalk. I think you can tell from the pic she hit it in the throat and it bled out right away.

OP
J

JDM57

FNG
Some nice bucks there! Yours is a dandy...

This was a unit that took 7 pts to draw. We saw hundreds of bucks that were average. It was really hard to find the next step up but when we did they were obvious. A good spotter was invaluable and saved us a lot of hiking for closer looks. Amazing how you can be over a half a mile from them and they will already have you spotted. Super fun hunt but I don't want to wait 8 yrs before going back!

desertcj

WKR
This was a unit that took 7 pts to draw. We saw hundreds of bucks that were average. It was really hard to find the next step up but when we did they were obvious. A good spotter was invaluable and saved us a lot of hiking for closer looks. Amazing how you can be over a half a mile from them and they will already have you spotted. Super fun hunt but I don't want to wait 8 yrs before going back!

7pts, wow! I just burned 3pts this year. It was a bit different then the 0pt hunt I went on 2 years earlier.