Out of State Hunting in Texas

MacAttack

FNG
I'm planning on going to Texas this November to visit family and hunt some hogs and deer. I heard that I have to "register" my firearm in order to hunt with it. Does anybody know about that? I couldn't find anything in the regs.

And does this apply to a bow?

I live in Texas and have never heard of that law. I own multiple firearms and bows and none of mine are registered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coondog

Lil-Rokslider
Ive lived in Texas my whole life, and have never heard of it i think youve been misinformed

Gulfgoose

FNG
I own a fair amount of guns and only one the feds even know I have. It's Texas, if you do not have a gun, one will be assigned to you.
Also, you may want to check on the specifics, but as of September 1st you no longer need a license to shoot hogs on private land.

Usi05

WKR
Any of you rockslider Texans got some axis deer to hunt? I want to do it in offseason next year but 1) im cheap and 2) I’m torn on the high fence thing

I’ll trade for my Michigan whitetail spots!

Any of you rockslider Texans got some axis deer to hunt? I want to do it in offseason next year but 1) im cheap and 2) I’m torn on the high fence thing

I’ll trade for my Michigan whitetail spots!

I could be wrong, but would think you not going to find an axis in the wild. unless it just got loose.

WhiteOak

Lil-Rokslider
The only scenario I could see that is if you were planning on hunting military training areas as we did have to register the guns we would use with the base sportsman's center.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
3 main species are non native but wild behind low fence. Axis, Aoudad, Blackbuck. There are a bunch of others roaming around too in low numbers such as red deer, barasinga even some elk.

lucky333lucky

Lil-Rokslider
There are nilgai in South Texas also. I shot one last year. That is some tasty meat.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk