Out of state/planned hunts

wilkINkc

Lil-Rokslider
I live in Kansas City Missouri and I would like to do an elk hunt and a mule deer hunt next year or within the next couple years. Only problem I have is none of my close friend are interested in hunting. I could probably do a solo mule deer hunt but let’s face it, both hunts would be a lot more fun with another person/people. My question is how to go about finding a person/group also interested in doing this? The rally point sub forum came to mind but I was wondering if there’s a better source. I realize one issue with this is multiple people would have to draw for states. But looking to hear from others that have been in this situation.

mhabiger

FNG
Let's meet up for a beer or coffee and chat. I mostly go solo but might be open to a trip. Send me a DM.

I cant speak for others but when it comes to hunting I've always been pretty jealous with my time in the field. So in the past unless I really knew someone I didnt want to add that variable to the mix. But now that I'm spending more time in the field I'm more open to going out with others on a hunting trip.

If you are into BHA, there are some members in KC. I've seen folks post on there before about looking for hunting partners. Other than that Rokslide seems to have a good contingent of KC area folks on it. Heck you might even try attending some hunting clinics at Bass Pro or Cabelas and chatting up attendees.