Out of stock items?

Smid

WKR
Been trying to find the perfect edc/day hunting pack, and I’ve noticed a trend where most everything is out of stock. Hill People Gear umlindi was going to be my next choice, but they are sold out of it as well as a few other bags. Kifaru is a month out on orders, so while not out of stock, it’s a pretty long wait. Was looking at TAD gear for some other stuff and they’re the same way. The entire firearm industry can’t keep up at all

Has the COVID slowed down production, or with the influx of Coronabucks can suppliers not keep up with a greater demand?

CBreeze

FNG
It’s been an extremely difficult year. Lost supply chain, lost workforce, lost capacity due to 50% regulations keeping half or more of the sewing machines empty still (here in the USA)
Some of the bigger sew shops that sew a lot of gear for this industry also handle Gov’t contracts IE body armor, LCE etc- which resulted in them getting handed a bunch of PPE contracts that take precedence over private contracts. It’s been a really frustrating.

Brendan

WKR
What you're talking about is pretty normal for Kifaru leading up to hunting season because they make a lot of things to order. Maybe a little bit longer lead times getting caught up after being closed, but in past years it was a lot worse.

Definitely some delays on stuff that ships in from overseas too. Most of those companies are placing orders months and months before COVID...

Wapiti1

WKR
Brendan hits on it for many of these companies. They are small shops that don't carry stock, or much stock. Made to order, and if they do carry stock, they base it off last year minus some usually so they don't carry over inventory.

Maybe they have some delays on materials, but by and large, I doubt fabrics and webbing took a big hit.

Jeremy

Rich M

WKR
The supply chain has been impacted. Bass pro is running w a lot of shelf space, likely cause much of the stuff comes from overseas...

I'm trying to buy a 20 ft fuel line for a boat and having a heck of a time finding it. Even online.

Hopefully this passes.

OP
Smid

Smid

WKR
The supply chain has been impacted. Bass pro is running w a lot of shelf space, likely cause much of the stuff comes from overseas...

I'm trying to buy a 20 ft fuel line for a boat and having a heck of a time finding it. Even online.

Hopefully this passes.

I can understand imported items, but most everything I’ve been looking at is American made. I recently ordered an Odin works upper and they told me they were literally working around the clock to make parts, and it still took 3 weeks.

I just heard on the radio 30% of Americans missed their mortgage this month, which would leave me to believe I’d be seeing more deals on the used market, but that’s not the case at all.

Rich M

WKR
Gotcha!

I agree that you'd think more folks will be selling stuff and overall "issues" out there. Right now it seems to be "as normal" when viewed from outside.

There has been a rush on "stuff" too. Seems like some folks are prepping.