Out of the box

Hawker

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have practice routines that they do to really amp up their shooting?I'm looking for something out of the box. I've done about everything and i'm just plain getting bored with blank bale. Maybe moving targets is next. Looking for suggestions.
Thanks
Luke

Broken Arrow

Lil-Rokslider
Aerial targets, bow fishing, try slip finger,3 under, shoot from the hip, shoot opposite handed, kneeling,standing,bent over, legs spread,sitting, laying down etc. My favorite is to shoot with someone else and play nock the nock- one guy shoots then u try and shoot his arrow. You get good and ruin a lot of arrows:) lol

ElkNut1

WKR
Wow, in all the time I've shot trad gear I can't remember ever getting bored with it! (grin) In addition to what Broken Arrow shares you may need to challenge yourself more! Are you absolutely deadly to 30yds & 40yds? I don't think so. Add distances of all sorts from close to afar & it will open up a whole new set of challenges. Also, you can start shooting broadheads, it's very helpful & helps you to focus! Hopefully these things will bring back that excitement! (grin)

ElkNut1

Lost Arra

FNG
Are you just shooting a bale?

Hang a tennis ball on to your bale.
Get a 3D target.
Position your feet at varying angles away from your target. Twist and shoot.
If you don't have trees and limbs around your target area put some obstacles up so you have to shoot thru a "hole" to your target.
Get one of those Rinehart balls and throw it around the yard and shoot it from varying distances and locations.

I'm with Elknut, I never get bored shooting my bow. Of course, I'm also blessed with a homemade 3D course in the woods around my house. I try to include uphill and downhill shots. Treestand shots. Sitting shots. Kneeling shots. And almost all of them have limbs, tree trunks or leaves around the "vitals".

Rod

Lil-Rokslider
Grab some judo points or rubber blunts & go roving. Or as you are out scouting your hunting turf shoot the judo tipped arrows.

OP
H

Hawker

Lil-Rokslider
How often do you guys shoot? Bored may have been to harsh of a statement.I think that i'm incapable of being bored with shooting my bows. If anything I probaly over do it.
Thanks for all the input guys,but so far everything is still in the box.

Broken Arrow

Lil-Rokslider
Lol my bad meant split finger:) I practice both. I think sometimes we get way to tied up in perfect form etc. but really in the field how often do you get that! As long as you focus on where u want to put the arrow your brain can adjust for different finger position stance etc. I almost never shoot more than one arrow before I retrieve it make each shot your first.

flytrait

Lil-Rokslider
I have never been bored by shooting, BUT if I was I would ask my wife to come outside and stand in my field of view with little to no cloths on and keep asking me whats taking to so long. That a be out of the box.. Just kidding hopefully she does not see this..

Hawker is humble and modest. He has done all things mentioned enough for 10 archers. He is in the ranks of the best. I am OCD regarding archery and he makes me feel as if I am slacking.

G Posik

WKR
If you have a good place to shoot get some judo points and a tennis ball. Shoot the tennis ball and chase it around. You can shoot from 10 -40 yards. Gets fun, another thing is kids of all ages like balloons. Air up a few and stick them on a target and shoot them.
Glenn